break-in

cedric
cedric Posts: 11
edited March 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i have the mm124 sub. i have it on a punch 250 right now to break it in. how long does it usually take before i see a real noticeable diffirence in the sound? i don't want to hurt the sub before i know what its capable of doing. this is my first time dealin with polk subs. i usually run fosgate. i'm only running one sub right now. trying to reach 130 db's. i want to step up to a bigger amp? any suggestions?in the rockford line ofcourse!:lol:
Post edited by cedric on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    first, get that sub OFF OF that amp...as kim stated in the earlier post -- wrong amp dude -- RF Power 551S is the way to go.

far as break in -- if u ride around 2 hours a day in your car for about 10+ days, that oughta do it -- 20 - 30 hours roughly. u can run it 20 hrs straight if u feel like leavin u're car runnin all night. lol. :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • cedric
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    first, get that sub OFF OF that amp...as kim stated in the earlier post -- wrong amp dude -- RF Power 551S is the way to go.

far as break in -- if u ride around 2 hours a day in your car for about 10+ days, that oughta do it -- 20 - 30 hours roughly. u can run it 20 hrs straight if u feel like leavin u're car runnin all night. lol. :)

ok, i'll step up the amp, even though the peeps where i purchased it said the 250 would be ok to use. let me clarrify that it is a 250m. i'll step up to the 500 and see what results i'll get
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    250M ??? rf makes a 250M ? i thought they only had the 350m.

if its a 250M, then its 125 x 1 at 4 ohms / 250 x 1 at 2 ohms... momo is a 4 ohm sub... that sonly 125 to it.

500m is 250 x 1 at 4 ohms / 500 @ 2 ohms ... so u'll ony be gettting 250 to it that way.

the 500 has to be a non mono amp - has to be a 2 channel that does that 500 in bridged mode.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • cedric
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by cedric

ok, i'll step up the amp, even though the peeps where i purchased it said the 250 would be ok to use. let me clarrify that it is a 250m. i'll step up to the 500 and see what results i'll get

ok, i gotcha. i'll let u know after break-in what i'm hitting