Maryland, Delaware, NJ, and PA get together!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited January 2008 in Gatherings & Special Events
Well it started out that way.

Originally it was going to be starting from North to South;

Lasareath-- North NJ

LibertyC --PA

Pearsall001 --South NJ

Amulford --South NJ

Hearingimpared-- DE

MillerLiteScott--MD

Strider--MD

and last but not least,

F1nut.--MD

Due to circumstances beyond their control the NJ & PA guys couldn't make it so it turned out to be Jesse, Scott, Ben, and me. However a big surprise and much to my delight my 24 year old son Joe showed up.

We had homemade roast pork made by my wife, with provolone cheese, Italian long hots (and they were hotter than ah ah ah), crab dip made by Scott's wife and some cherry pie!~

The pork was awesome with seeded rolls from Caccia's bakery in South Philly, the crab was out of this world. YUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!

Music, music, music, vinyl, red book, SACD. A little home theater peppered in and a hole lotta BSing.

I love these get togethers. BTW my son ended up getting my reworked SDA/CRS & stands for his home theater fronts.

Great day, great friends, great food, great music about 10 hours worth!!!:D:cool:
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like you had a good time.Good eats too.Hell,one of these days I have to make the trip out east if not for the music,for the eats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2008
    Great day, great friends, great food, great music

That says it all folks and just another reason that membership has it's privileges.

Thanks for everything Joe.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for the S1s Jess!;):D
  • F1nut
    edited January 2008
    No problem. :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Man do I miss those gatherings. Always a good time hanging out wth that group. I hope some of you gys make to the NC meet.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2008
    Joe thanks for having us to your house and being a great host. The pork and potato salad was fantastic again. I think we had a great mix of tunes, grub and banter throughout the day and night. I know Ben and I, and probably even Jesse:D, enjoyed listening to your vinyl collection and rig.

Thanks again,

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited January 2008
    Joe, you're killing me here!!! I know I missed an awesome time with you guys. Next time bro, next time.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    I like the way Dave pointed out "that" group. Phil, Billy and Sal, nanny, nanny, nu, nu!!!

I getting ready to chomp down on a pork & prov sammich. I think I'll wave the Italian long hot over the sammich cause those this are "redass" hot.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Ben are you awake yet?
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    We never got to play with the steamer.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Scott, Phyllisann and I just knocked off the remaining crab . . . please ask your wife if she wouldn't mind sharing the recipe with us,. , , ,IT IS ABSOLUTELY SCRUMCIOUS!!!!
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2008
    Joe, Not a Problem.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2008
    Ben are you awake yet?

Man, I wish I was asleep when you posted this. Had a friend who's also a contractor come over at 9am and give us advice on remodelling our kitchen. After he left I ate a quick breakfast and spent from then until about 9pm tearing a wall out. I feel like my sinus cavity is filled with drywall dust right now. Really looking forward to lunch today when I get to drive to the dump and unload about 500 pounds of drywall broken up into little pieces.

I did have a great time on Saturday. It was good to meet you finallly, Joe; also nice to meet your son. I think you and Jesse summed it up pretty well. Now we need to work on finding Jesse a turntable. Zeppelin One rules!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    edited January 2008
    Don't hold your breath Ben. :)

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Joe, Not a Problem.

Scott please email that to me. You can do it through the forum then you will have my email address.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2008
    Ok, I will have to get it(the Recipe)from my wife first.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Joe, if you like crab I have the most unbelievable recipe for crab cakes.....I'll have to send it your way.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2008
    I am not starting a who's crab dip recipe is better.......

I will only say that us Marylanders prepare crab dishes differently than most anywhere else. I have found that when I am out of the Maryland and something on the menu says Maryland Crab (whatever). It is not the same as back here in Maryland. I do not order any crab dishes outside of Maryland because I have always been disappointed.

YMMV

Scott
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2008
    If you ain't from Maryland, you don't know jack about blue crab anything.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2008
    I used to love catching 50-60 of those bad boys and feasting as a kid. Oh, the memories. :D

One rope, a chicken, a basket and a net's all you needed. Made one hell of a mess in the kitchen though.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    edited January 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    If you ain't from Maryland, you don't know jack about blue crab anything.

Ain't that the truth.Spent some time in the Annapolis area,the best damn crap cakes on the planet boys and girls.Sure,everyone and their brother has 'em,sells 'em,but are not the same.Go park your **** up there for a weekend and pig out.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Maryland is the best place for crab anything!!! The only thing I can say is just as good is macaroni and crabs, Italian style. This stuff is so good you weep with tears.
  • tonyb
    edited January 2008
    All bark and no recipe Joe.WTF???:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Ha ha ha, I'll post it as soon as I can find it amoung the thousands of recipies I have saved on three different harddrives.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    Georgia has better crab than Mary Land, deal with it beatches. better shrimp too.

Yes Joe I am feeling better.........thank you. Jesse with a TT now that is a funny one.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Yes Joe I am feeling better.........thank you.
    RT1

So I see there Big Brother. I'm glad you are feeling better.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2008
    Georgia has better crab than Mary Land, deal with it beatches. better shrimp too.

RT1

I don't think a debate is in order, never felt that arguing in matters of personal opinion made much sense. If you are you coming up to Crabbyland for Polkfest this year, I'll bring you a crabcake that may change your mind. Shrimp, I'll concede with just the pictures from '07's Polkfest as evidence.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2008

Yea, but Georgia isn't known for it's crabs hillbilly ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2008
    Boil away those Southern Crabs. Nothing compares to Steamed Maryland Blues!
    No excuses!
  • Frank840
    Frank840 Posts: 262
    edited January 2008
    maryland crabs are the BEST
    - This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25
    Polk Lsic,15's,9's, PSW1000