Anyone use touch screen remotes?

Options
dthomps
dthomps Posts: 352
edited March 2003 in Electronics
I just wanted to find out opinions on the different models, and the remotes in general. I admit- at a few hundred bucks for some of them they are expensive toys. I am currently looking at the Philips Pronto- well the Marantz version anyhow- and they go fairly cheap on ebay, cheaper than the Pronto does and it includes the charger. I can get one for probably under $100. The thing is, is when I started looking at them I saw that there are a lot of different brands and models, and some of them seem really cool. Anyone have any suggestions on different ones? let me know! Mike
Post edited by dthomps on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I've got this one in silver - http://www.remotecentral.com/sony/

Sony RM-AV2000 - had it for about 2 years and couldn't be happier. You can get the newer version (lighter, better, thinner) for like $120 on ebay.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Yep! I just bought one off E-bay. 8 component, learning, backlit, Cambridge Audio for $45. shipped.

Unfortunately my receiver only does RF and the remote doesn't! Ooopps. At least I'm down to 2.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jones12
    jones12 Posts: 20
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I have the Sony rm-av3000 & I love it. Easy to program & has taken the place of 8 remotes. I'm still looking for different ways to use its functions. Got a good deal,at the time, at a Sony outlet store for $150, but recently saw it on JandR.com for $129. Since it controls up to 18 components, you won't be limited by this remote.
    TV-Samsung HLN5065W DLP
    Denon AVR-1803
    Denon 2910 dvd player
    Sony CE-345 CD Player
    Philips CDR770 CD recorder
    Center-CSI30
    Fronts-rti38
    Surrounds-RM6200
    Sub-PSW202
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Yes,
    I own the Pronto Tsu1000,I plan on upgrading it to the new tsu6400 or tsu6000.
    The Phillips Pronto is by far the best remote on the market dollar for dollar.
    The flexability is unreal.Phillips did a fantastic job........but dropped the ball with the tsu500...I don't like that remote at all.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • tntvt
    tntvt Posts: 121
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I bought a Philips Pronto TSU2000 almost a year and a half ago. I was so impressed that I now own 3! The remote is amazing! www.remotecentral.com has a great forum for the prontos check it out.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2003
    Options
    i have the h/k tc1000 it is sweet and works great. love it to death.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by phuz
    I've got this one in silver - http://www.remotecentral.com/sony/

Sony RM-AV2000 - had it for about 2 years and couldn't be happier. You can get the newer version (lighter, better, thinner) for like $120 on ebay.

There's a site selling a Sony Sony RM-VL1000 NTSC Universal Learning Remote Commander Only $47.25

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RMVL1000

No affliation but the bargain board I frequent refers to the place a lot. It definitely doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Pronto or the AV2000 but it certain seems inexpensive. My guess is it's a discontinued model. My Pioneer came with a learning remote so I haven't gotten the itch. :D

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.