momo 10inch

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2003 in Custom Fabrication
I would like to use a 10in momo in a q -logic box. My question is will this work?The internal volume of a q-logic is .65 cu ft and the depth of the box is 5.691 ins.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    No, you need a better (stronger) box. The Q-logic (from my experience) is particle board (you want mdf), and far from air-tight. I'd say there is a greater than zero chance you will damage your woof.

You can swing it, if you have a low-power application, but a good sub like the Momo, needs a good box to be happy.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    edited March 2003
    The q-logic box I am talking about is a vechile specfic and made out of molded palstic on the sides and a 3/4 mdf mounting surface. The box is design to sit behind the right rear quater panel.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    WHOA THERE BUDDY! thats a definite no no

molded plastic? youre gonna put a 400 - 500 watt sub in a molded plastic box that has walls about as thick as 20 sheets of magine paper? thats definately not a good idea.

if u do it... the walls of the box will flex and rattle... and you can seriously damage the woofer.

I blew a DX10 in an mtx thunderform (just like the Q logic Q forms) vehicle specific enclosure... motor structure went right to hell in about 2 months... actually i didn't notice it until 2 months -- it prolly went bad long before that.

I highly suggest if u want a small customized box.. have someone build one for you out of 3/4 inch mdf or better yet, cabinet grade plywood. otherwise, dont bother... if u're gonna use a Q-form,then dont do over a 200 watt sub and make sure you use polyfill.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited March 2003
    Poweredbydodge, thanks for the input. My real problem is am trying to do a stealth installation. What it is comming down to is me, making a box of 3/4 in mdf with the back wall made of fiberglass reenforced and making a new right rear quarter panel.That way I can hide my amps.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    that'll work... no one ever went wrong w/ glass and wood.

JL audio may may a Stealth Box (they've got a whole line of them) for your car.

tehy're jsut like Q logic boxes EXCEPT they are made of fiberglass... which means 1) they perform the way you want them to 2) they're not junky like the plastic ones and 3) they make life easy for us all. :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge