Options
2»

Comments

• phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    I buy - a lot. Only recently have I obtained a control over spending...... Damn - so much money lost, all for the sake of this obsession.

Why, oh God why couldnt I pick a cheap hobby

Is there such thing as a cheap hobby? :confused:

Many years ago, I started running as a hobby. Cheeeep right? All you need is runners and sweat pants. Wrooooong!! Once you get into running the 5-10 km's, all the sudden, it's $100-150 runners and they don't last more then a season or two!!

Cycling!?!? Hah!!! A good bike isn't cheap and once you get addicted to the Shimano planned obsolesence path, you're out much $$$. :(

The only reason hockey isn't costing me an arm and a leg is because I suck! There's very little hope of me ever getting better so I don't worry about buying new equipment.

Perhaps, that's the secret? Choose a hobby where you suck at it?
    Nah... you should see my woodworking tools... :D

To paraphrase Nike, maybe we should just enjoy it. ;)

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Golf???
    Let see... Clubs, shoes, gloves, balls, green fees, more clubs, beer, new "hot" putter, new "hot" driver, bags - one 2 carry & one 4 cart, lessons, more beer, trips to play new courses, clothes, more new clubs, new shoes, more balls, more beer...
    Nope, even more expensive...

Wait a minute... :eek:... Maybe that's what ATC and the rest of us need. A list of even more expensive hobbies so we can feel better about our "audioholism"... :)

Edit: New thread coming right up...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by meestercleef
    I look at audio review & epinions, but no way should you only rely on them. Too many of those reviews (esp where products that are available at dept stores, Best Buy, etc, are concerned) have comments like "This rocks!" or "Sucks!", w/out giving any idea why they do/don't like the product. Circuit City reviews often have the same problem.

Actual review found on circuitcity.com:
    Reviewer: sound from san jose, CA
    3 out of 15 found this review helpful

not that good
    I prefered Jensen for the same sound perform with lower price 14.99. Or buy Pork with $15.00 more. I dont like the front grill.

Mmmm... sounds tasty! food-smiley-002.gif

This was not edited in any way by me. You are seeing the exact wording and spelling that the guy typed in.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by rs159
    3 out of 15 found this review helpful
    Kinda makes you wonder about those three... :confused:

BTW, thanks for the new smiley...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Ok, he can get the jensen but he does not want to buy pork? :confused:
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Pork - Polk Disturbing since the L and the R are nowhere near eachother.