It pains me, but... FS: SDA SRS 1.2

Options
polksda
polksda Posts: 716
edited December 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
*sigh*

Financial circumstances dictate that I part with my SDA SRS 1.2s. :(

These are the NON-TL variety. Interconnect included.

Nonsmoking environment, always driven with an overabundance of power.

SOLD! You pick up. Absolutely no shipping. My back isn't the greatest for lifting, so you probably should have a second person with you.

Urbana, IL:

3.5 hours from St. Louis
3 hours from Chicago
2.5 hours from Indianapolis

All 3 are easy straight shots by interstate.
Post edited by polksda on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have to part with your babies.

Good luck with the sale!
    Carl

• 928man
    928man Posts: 71
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Sorry I do not live closer and had 1900 to spare.Great Speakers!
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I've been asked for pictures. My apologies for the craptacular pictures, but my mancave of a hovel really isn't conducive to epic cinematography. ;)

Some notes:

The speakers are sitting on furniture dollies, which makes them actually semi-moveable.

What looks to be a faint stain on the right side of the grill of the left speaker is actually a spot on the camera lens. :o

What looks to be fading on the crossover plate in the 2nd picture is actually an artifact of the lighting. I saw that in the pic, panicked, and examined the plate up close... it's not actually there. *whew* ;)

The drivers have never been wiped with anything, that's just minty driver goodness. :)

SRSForSale1.jpg

SRSForSale4.jpgSRSForSale3.jpg
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Great looking speakers, too bad you have to part with them. If it were up to me I'd keep the 1.2s and sell the TV. A year from now you'll probably be able to get one of those for half the cost.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Good lord, the price should drop by atleast $250 for having to look at a picture of David Caruso on a TV that size.

(im kidding obviously, good luck on the sale.)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Have you thought of robbing liquor stores?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Have you thought of robbing liquor stores?

I hear banks are the way to go. You should PM Mark about it, i remember him posting something about robbing banks.
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Your right. Go large. You get the same time down here.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Rob restaurants, and take the wallets of the diners as they come in.

Skip the guy with the suitcase, though.
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Good lord, the price should drop by atleast $250 for having to look at a picture of David Caruso on a TV that size.

Ok, can I raise the price by $250 now? :D:D

SRSForSale5.jpg
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Options
    How much for the picture?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Options
    polksda wrote: »

SRSForSale5.jpg

It raised something for sure!
    My eyebrows:D
    Thanks
    Ben
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    Options

SRSForSale5.jpg

Are you telling me there are speakers hidden somewhere in this picture?????
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    How much for the picture?

Google is thy friend. ;)

jessica-alba-wallpapers-3.jpg
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    Options
    aauuugh airbrushed out the wazoo!
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Yeah, soft focus too. :(
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Dan is a solid guy to deal with. No worries. Bought a very nice pair of RTA 15TL's from him a while back.

IMG_0517s.jpg

IMG_0520s.jpg

Good luck with the sale bro.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Options
    See, look at all the excitement i got going in your for sale thread. What were you selling again?

Kidding, hopefully someone grabs them off you.
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    Dan is a solid guy to deal with. No worries. Bought a very nice pair of RTA 15TL's from him a while back.

Good luck with the sale bro.

Thanks, man! You know, I've actually regretted selling those puppies. They had some nice Oomph to them...
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I have some RTA15TL's that I am not willing (for now) to part with. I actually like the sound stage of the non TL version more than the TL version with some upgrades.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    The speakers are on hold pending sale.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Good Lord... get those speakers off the skate-boards.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Options
    The speakers are on hold pending sale.

If that sale is because of all the hype i started i'm charging you commission!
  • mopar paul
    mopar paul Posts: 277
    edited December 2007
    Options
    poksda
    Those look VERY familiar! Very nice speakers to anyone who wants to know-I've seen and heard them.
  • polksda
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Speakers picked up yesterday (I'll leave it up to the new owner to decide if he wants to reveal himself).

SDA 1Cs moved from bedroom to living room. Next: move SDA 2B from storage to bedroom... might give the RTA-12s another try; wasn't too enamored with them compared to SDAs though... but years change perception.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Speakers picked up yesterday (I'll leave it up to the new owner to decide if he wants to reveal himself).

SDA 1Cs moved from bedroom to living room. Next: move SDA 2B from storage to bedroom... might give the RTA-12s another try; wasn't too enamored with them compared to SDAs though... but years change perception.
    :cool: I may be up for taking whatever isn't tickling your inner ear off of your hands. Lemme know :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10