2»

Comments

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited November 2007
    Options
    m00npie wrote: »
    That's a neat website. Thank you!!

Is that the stock finish of the rods from homey's depot or did you have a finish put on it?

No problem. They have absolutely everything there. I started pricing out a rack made with brass allthread and nuts instead of the steel. Whew, that got expensive real quick. As far as the finish on the rods of my rack, it's all stock from the 'Depot.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • mhartman29
    mhartman29 Posts: 257
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Very impressive looking! And I second the request to see pics with your gear in it!
    Emotiva LMC pre/pro
    Emotiva LPA amp
    Fronts LSI15
    Center LSIC
    Rears LSI7s
    Dual MFW-15s
    Oppo 980H
    Signal Analog II ICs
    Signal Ultra speaker cables
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I like it.

If you want to hide the allthread you can get some copper pipe and cut it to the proper length you need. It goes onto the althread between each shelf and hides them. Copper will shine up real nice but you can also get alum or brass if you want.

I built shelves in my closet this way using stainless steel between the shelves. It looks real clean and it looks like the boards were slid down the tube and are just sitting were I want them.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I should mention that the i.d. of the tube should go over the nuts to hide them.
    I used the nuts to hold the boards and the tube just touches the wood. It really looks like the wood is drilled perfectly and the shelves just sit in possition.

I feel bad for the next owner of my house if they decide to take them apart since they may start with a hammer.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I'm glad to see this thread pop up again as here very, very soon, I am going to be getting the parts to build a version of that same rack. I'm going to have to make one a double width because I have a group of Carver pieces that will be on one half for my 2-channel setup and the other side will be the Integra A/V receiver, HD DVD player, VCR (for the hell of it), CD player, and surge unit. The rack will go below my plasma TV that I got mounted up last weekend plus my SDA's being in the living room finally is nice. Man, they really open up in there and the staging is simply incredible now.

There's no way I can duplicate what his wife did with the faux finish on those MDF panels so I am going to use some sort of laminated sheet of wood and then use some iron on wood veneer on the edges and stain them to match the Polk SRS II's. It'll end up matching the coffee table in the living room that I built a few years back, too.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2007
    Options
    She's a keeper! The question is, what are you required to do in return????
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3