6 Polk MM 8's on the way!

GLN305
GLN305 Posts: 96
edited December 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I ordered 6 of them today from Crutchfiled...talk about good service, they took the order and a couple hours later I get a shipping notice. These are all going behind the seat of my '07 GMC Crew Cab. Of course I'll need to move the rear seats forward 2 inches or so, but that's pretty simple since the entire interior is going to out for sound deadening. I hope I like how 8's sound, this is my first time owning 8's, I have always had 10's and larger, but after doing an install in my friend's Scion xB with a single Kicker L7 8", I was more than impressed and he is only running 150 watts to it. I have MUCH more than that on tap and for some reason I have a feeling that Polk will be better, especially the Momo subs.
Post edited by GLN305 on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited December 2007
    take pics and let me know how it all turns out.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • GLN305
    edited December 2007
    I will, I have faith in Polk ever since I put the 6 db 12's in my Scion xB. I have sold that car, but I am sticking with polks subs for my build.
  • Bubba -NJ
    Bubba -NJ Posts: 45
    edited December 2007
    I have 1 Momo 8 in the back of my suburban , it just got broken in , man does it hit . But before it was broke in I ordered another one and I'm building a box for it , should be done on saturday . I'm a little worried now , I might have to run to the john after every trip now :D ! 6 is scary , WOW !
  • GLN305
    edited December 2007
    I'm a big fan of big bass. When I had the 6 db 12's in my xB it was obnoxiously loud. Of course some of the dB Drag guys are way past what I had, but I listened to it everyday. It seperated the roof supports from the roof itself, I had to reglue it all...lol. I don't see that happening with my truck because it's much heavier metal, but it should sound good. I just gotta be careful with the gains on my amp so that I don't kill them.
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited December 2007
    Good luck with the install... I'll be patiently waiting for some pics :D
  • Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited December 2007

x2 :)
  • GLN305
    edited December 2007

x3.....

oh, LOL, it's my install. I just hope it's above 30 degrees one day so I can work on the truck!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    Fellow FSCier :)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • GLN305
    edited December 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Fellow FSCier :)
    -Cody

Yessir.

I just got done doing a little work on the truck. I stuffed all the pillars full of Polyfil to try and reduce road noise and it seems to have helped ALOT. I have my wires ran for the front stage as well as my RCA's and remote wire. I just have to run the power wires under the truck and up through my grommets and then I can start building an amp rack under the rear seats. I still haven't received my subs in the mail, but they should be here soon enough.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    If you run it under the cab, be sure to go to the local hardware store (Home Depot, etc) and get some of the plastic conduit to run it in so it wont be exposed to the elements.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • GLN305
    edited December 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    If you run it under the cab, be sure to go to the local hardware store (Home Depot, etc) and get some of the plastic conduit to run it in so it wont be exposed to the elements.
    -Cody

It's going to be quite safe, both wires are going to wrapped with Techflex and split loom and the zip tied to the existing wiring running along the frame.