matching electronics or not

glemay
glemay Posts: 574
edited February 2003 in Electronics
Hi, just wondering, how many of you guys match all your components. Do you mix and match or keep it all the same?

Thanks alot!

Could someone suggest a dvd/cd player somewhere around 200$ or so!
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2003
    Mits 16:9 RPTV
    JVC DVD Player
    Monster HTS-2500
    Marantz SR5000 (pre/pro)
    Adcom amps

JVC progressive DVD players. Excellent player with no Chroma bug issues or Flicker bug problems. Can be had for about $170 at local B&M's. Probably cheaper online.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2003
    I don't match my golf clubs (except 2-pw) and I don't match my components. I've heard people recommending using matching separates, but that recommendation really defeats the purpose of buying separates. Kind of silly when you think about it.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited February 2003
    glemay,
    alot of people like to look of all matching equipment.It looks nice,but isn't nessary.
    When I find a company that I like,I always look at all there products.Sony is a good company that you could build an entire system from including speakers.They make everything.
    Pioneer is another company you could get everything you need,I never saw one but I heard they even had or still have a vcr......who knows, but they have everything else.
    Back to Sony........Sony is one of those companys that when people buy them, they want to buy all of them...Sony.

I however don't do that.I'm selective of the products I buy.I'll give you a run down of my current system

B&K avr307
    Pioneer Elite dv47a
    Pioneer Elite PDF-19
    Pioneer Elite Cld-59
    Mitsubishi HSU746
    Hughes direct TiVo
    Monstercable HTS5000
    Sony XBR36
    I like Pioneer Elite as you can tell, but not fully.I used to own a Pioneer Elite receiver,that was some time ago.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited February 2003
    If I'm buying stuff together I'll try to match it, if at separate times I'll but whatever meets my need.