Can anyone tell me....

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have some polk subs i got from a friend, they r all black with polk audio written around the outside......does anyone know the model type or specs of these off the top of their head??? any info would be appreciated...the model is worn away can't read it.....

Pillage
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited February 2003
    Options
    What color is the basket painted? Is it a solid color or is it speckled?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    Options
    *sniff sniff* -- i smell an EX II maybe...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Didn't the EX II's say EX series on them?

The dB's have no other marking on the cone besides Polk Audio and teh sticker on the bottom of the magnet. Also, every other series of speakers including the DX series had a solidly colored basket if I remember Correctly. The dB series has a speckled paint job, almost like that Fleckstone paint for trunks from the 60's and 70's.

I can't remember what the MM series had but I do know that they had yellow writing and black baskets. I don't know what series came before that, if there even was one.

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    Options
    the EX II had a black cone with a funny kinda ying yang lookin design in the middle that was stamped into the black cone -- so again, no coloration. the only writing was "polk audio" written in white around the entire surround (like the edge where the screws go... not hte actual surround itself).

the db's had fleckstone? that's pretty cool.... i 've never seen the basket of a db sub -- which is pretty sad since i've heard like 20 of them, but i've never actually mounted or unmounted one. i got my first set of subs just after the db went extinct.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    edited February 2003
    Options
    All dB speakers have fleckstone paint on the baskets. The dB sub has Polk Audio written around the dust cap but not the surrounds.

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2003
    Options
    the sub is solid black and has polk audio written around the rim of it in white letters....thanks everyone for the replys

Pillage
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing