Adcom

dholmes
dholmes Posts: 1,136
edited February 2003 in Electronics
Does anyone own the Adcom gfa 7700 , or any Adcom product ? I am looking at the Adcom gfa 7700 and want to know how it sounds. Thanks
My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
Post edited by dholmes on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited February 2003
    What exactly are you looking for my man?Adcom seperates sound pretty good.There amps are powerfull and very dynamic.I like em.Have you have your listen to Adcom yeat?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2003
    there are so many different Adcom amps.. how do you know which is a good one? For the sake of this post.. lets say i'm looking for a 2 ch 100 to 200wpc Adcom amp. which one is best?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited February 2003
    This Adcom is 175wx5. Just wanted to know if anyone had any Adcom product & if they where reliable,sound good,I live in a remote area & have to guess on some purchases-I buy mainly order from Crutchfield-Onecall. Thanks
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    My dad has had the GFA-535II for atleast....8 years or more now. They have conservative power, clean power. They have very low THD. Newayz, you can't really go wrong for the $$
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2003
    I'm running 4 GFA-535's, great sounding amps, doubt I'll ever part with'em.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited February 2003
    Adcom builds all their amps to the same electrical standards using the same grade of components.

It doesn't matter which one you select, they all sound the same within their respective output limits.

Adcom would be a front runner for me if I ever went separates.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS