Remote Bass with Dual 500.1

rz22g
rz22g Posts: 70
edited November 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
My second 500.1 and two SR124 DVC will be here in a few days. I would like to go ahead and knock out some work so it will be out of the way. One thing is figuring out what I can do for remote bass control. I already have one operating for the current 500.1 but Im wondering if its possible to use the one control for both amps? Can I just make a junction or pigtail and plug into the second amp?
Post edited by rz22g on

Comments

• rz22g
    edited October 2007
    Im installing this second amp today so if anyone knows it would really help.
  • Remyngton
    Remyngton Posts: 18
    edited October 2007
    That's a great question. In theory it should work. I would try it, I don't think you would hurt anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited October 2007
    Yes, but don't do more than 2 amps. A spliced pigtail or a splitter.
  • rz22g
    edited October 2007
    That was a no go. It just cancels out the remote. If I unplug one of the amps, then it of course controls the one left plugged in.

Do the Polk techs even watch the forums? I find it hard to believe that there is nobody out there that has run into this situation.

I need my bass level control to compensate for different music types and having two bass level controls is not what I have in mind. Unless there is some other wiring option Im going to have to ditch the C500's and rest assured I wont be going back polk even if they do come out with an amp suitable to PUSH THEIR OWN SUBS.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
    Spend the extra $25 and have one control for each amp.
  • rz22g
    edited October 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Spend the extra $25 and have one control for each amp.

I have two. The idea is not to have to adjust each amp individually from song to song. I do have my HU non fader volume but being touch screen it takes three steps to get there.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
    Maybe an AudioControl Epicenter?
  • rz22g
    edited October 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Maybe an AudioControl Epicenter?

I just moved the splitter up front, directly out of the remote bass control and it works. I just hope there is no possible issues doing this.
  • Sutho_
    Sutho_ Posts: 26
    edited November 2007
    Hi there, i asked a similar question a while ago about doing a similar thing with 2 c300.2's. (as the remote retails for around $80AUD each in australia) and the inconvenience of two knobs.

It's interesting that it did not work with the spliter at the rear (I asume near the amps), what kind of splitter are you using? (a photo/link would be awesome) as I'd like to use this method myself. My silly eclipse CD8455 removes the non-fader control when you jump into "pro-mode"
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited November 2007
    rz22g wrote: »
    My second 500.1 and two SR124 DVC will be here in a few days. I would like to go ahead and knock out some work so it will be out of the way. One thing is figuring out what I can do for remote bass control. I already have one operating for the current 500.1 but Im wondering if its possible to use the one control for both amps? Can I just make a junction or pigtail and plug into the second amp?

I'm using a splitter for my 2 c500's and it seems to work. However, when I do that, the knob seems to be really sensitive, so its usually turned down very low.