Just adding on .

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
edited February 2003 in Electronics
(B&K avr307.
Yep I bought it today.B&K is releasing the upgrade for it soon.......to avr507 status........cool.
I gave a review of this fine reciver(intergraded)awhile ago.It's the best all in one I feel at any price.Overall I believe it is.Some other have better features,more inputs,and I'm still torn on which sounds better B&K or Rotel..........so.
I have gauged everything I have demo'd up against the B&K.It held it's own against everything.The sheer power of it is simply awesome.Dynamic range is through the roof.
Today flagship receivers hit the 4 thousand mark and some over it.B&K is no different today with the brand new avr507 at 4 grand.
The avr307 retailed for 3498.99.
Seperates was the plan.It came to Rotel rsp1066,rmb1075 and the rb1070.Great sounding package.After listening to alot of others,B&K released the avr507, the Ref50 and new amps.This new line had a edge in sound quality over the last years models.After some research,I found that suttle changes where made.B&K has for years taken the model before and adding to it.This year is no different.Refined if you will.The preamp got Balanced this year,that was well needed.
After all my thinking on this,I'm building a room,furnishing it,alot of new gear,speakers,etc.....I felt that this was a logical choice.Performance it's close to the seperates,as close as your going to get with a all in one.And the money I saved can go towards the rest of the system.The upgrade as mentioned above is coming soon for the avr307.I can enjoy it now and upgrade it later and save a buck or 2........thats cool.
Sound quality vs my Rotel gear is really close.I'm happy with my choice and I'm back on the road to Home theater with 2 channel quality sound........now thats what I have been looking for......and I found it.)

I wanted to add to this now that I have owned it for a week and a day now.
As most of you already know that listening to any product in short terms can't really explain what THAT product is all about.It takes alot longer to DIG IN if you will.
My "torn" between Rotel and B&K is over.B&K I feel has the edge in sound quality for me that is due to the way they present themselves.I'll explain.
B&K in 2 channel mode has a level of detail I feel best complements the Lsi15's.They seem to work well together.I have been threw alot of my cd collection and found that I perfer the way B&K presents the music over Rotel.Warmth is what comes to mind.
The Rotel isn't bright,harsh,or non warm,but compared to B&K,it shows it isn't AS warm.Sometimes I can say that the Rotel has a slightly better top end,cymbols crash with sharper force.But the trade off with mid range and bass is worth the loss up top.The loss is min.
They both play ALL the sounds in a recording unlike when I owned the Denon which seem to skip over certian sounds.Like they didn't exsist on the recording.I really don't understand that,but it's what I heard........or didn't hear.The Denon sounded muffled in compare.
Building a 2 channel system only,B&K or Rotel would just come down to personal choice.What do you like better.They both have there good qualities.Cost wise Rotel is cheaper.....by alot.B&K you will pay more,but I feel you get more along with it.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited February 2003
    Options
    If money wasn't an object!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This could be yours!:D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited February 2003
    Options
    B&K is upgradable,that why I choose the avr307 over just going avr507.I saved a couple bucks along the way.B&K will be releasing the upgrade to avr507 status anytime now.When they do,I will make the upgrade.It's in the price of 600.00 bucks.I don't have the "Official"list of what exactly they will do, but all software and DAC"S are what included as we speak.The new avr507 has one more component video in,I hope they add it to the avr307 during the upgrade.
    So for what I paid for the avr307 + 600.00 for the upgrade(which takes a couple weeks)I still made out.
    The amp section is exactly the same.The avr507 is an imprived version of the avr307.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.