Removing Acura RSX Door Panels

Options
Taylor Made
Taylor Made Posts: 2
edited November 2001 in Technical/Setup
Does anyone know how to remove the door trim on an Acura RSX? The rear-side speakers were very easy to access, but I'm not sure how to gain access to the front door speakers. I see that there are 2 screws in the door but after removing those I wasn't having much luck getting the trim off.

I would greatly appreciate help!

Thanks!
Post edited by Taylor Made on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Should just be screws and clips. There is a tool you can use on the clips, it is like a 'U' shaped screwdriver. Usually, you remove the screws, go around the outside of the panel and 'pop' these plastic clips, then lift up and out (towards the roof).

Hope that helps, It should not be any more complicated than that.

These clips are, well, crap, I'm at a loss to descirbe them... They are usually a yellow-white, and screw shaped. Located about 6 to 8 inches apart, about 1 inch into the panel (from the outside).

Good luck....

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I have no idea how to get the door panels off, but the RSX sounds like a neat little car. How do you like it? (Sorry, not trying to change the subject....)
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Hey,

check out http://forums.clubrsx.com/, I bet they have some threads about door panel removal.

~JB
  • Taylor Made
    Taylor Made Posts: 2
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Thanks for the info. The guys at forums.clubrsx.com did have the answers to all my questions and now I've found a great new forum!
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeet. How do like that car? Did you get the type-S?

~JB