LSi7 Q's for Mantis

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited February 2003 in Speakers
Dan,

you had mentioned before that you are planning to use LSi7 for the surround back on your new HT. Did you audition the 7 and felt that it has the right characteristics for the surround back speaker? I am curious on what the thinking behind your decision? Thanks...
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    If it helps I've got the Lsi7's for my rear channels. They work perfectly for rear surrounds. I had considered the 9's but the size was a major factor. With the limited use that your rear surrounds will get vs. your mains and center, the Lsi7 is a great choice.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • polkatese
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Frank,
    thanks and it helps, I am also torn between the 7 and 9 for surround back, one of my other considerations was 7 channels simulated stereo mode, that I thought would be awesome with the 9. What do you think ? thanks again...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    To be honest I don't use the 7 channel stereo mode but I do like to listen to multi channel SACD and DVD-A. The effect is pretty amazing.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I like the 9's so much more than the 7's that I would even consider getting 7's for my surrounds, assuming size isn't a factor.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited February 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    When I sat and listened to both the lsi7's and lsi9's,I felt that the duty I was going to ask of that speaker was min.The Lsi7's are a fantastic sounding bookshelf.For the surround back duty,I didn't see the need for the lsi9's.
    Other reason I didn't choose the lis9's is the fact that they are not wall mountable.I would have to build a shelf for them.
    Tonally they blend right in with the right of the lsi system.
    There's nothing wrong with going lsi9's if thats what and where your thinking is.Hope you got depth in order to use them.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    edited February 2003
    Options
    thanks, Dan...