January 2008 Polkfest - Richmond, BC

2»

Comments

• phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited September 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    what happen to Adire? is that Adire Audio or another Adire?

http://www.adireaudio.com/ :(:'(
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited September 2007
    Oooo I didn't know they had an open baffle design. Cal from the last meet did a similar design (with more random parts) and it sounded pretty good. Infinite baffles have a unique sound and do some things really well, others not so much so to combine the two is intriguing.

Yes... Adire was nuked a while ago. It's a shame since they made lots of waves in the diy crowd, especially with the xbl^2. Killer affordable audio parts was what I always though of first when Adire was brought up.

I don't know of anyone bringing sda's yet. I have monitor 7b's, but have yet to get my ears on a pair of sda's.

I will post it over on the diyaudio forum later tonight and see what they have to say about it.
  • michael_w
    edited September 2007
    The word is out on the diyaudio.com forum. I know there are quite a few people from the lower mainland on that board so I think we'll pick up at least a couple.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108441
  • michael_w
    edited September 2007
    We've managed to snatch a couple diyaudio members for the meet! I'm still working on finding more because I know for sure there are a few more people that would be interested in coming.

Music people, Music! If lugging speakers and electronics over isn't your thing, how about a couple of your favorite cd's?
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited October 2007
    how is january 2008 seven months away????
  • michael_w
    edited October 2007
    I posted that on July 3rd, 2007. July 3rd to Jan 28 = 6 months and 23 days. Are you coming to this?

Thanks for the bump though ;)
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
    My tummy needs flexing. Pencil me in.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Right on Steve.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • michael_w
    edited October 2007
    Great to see another name to add to the list. Where are you coming from?

Has anyone decided on bringing family or friends?
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
    I'll be winging it from California with my pet rock for good luck.
  • michael_w
    edited November 2007
    Bump.

What kind of food does everyone want? I was thinking of keeping it simple with burgers & hot dogs. Any allergies or special requests?
  • michael_w
    edited January 2008
    Secret location has been emailed out. Give me a call, email, pm or post here and I'll answer any questions.

OH and it looks like you guys are all stuck parking somewhere on the road. There isn't enough guest parking within the co-op.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    wow. i forgot all about this gathering.. i can't make it so i'm out. but you Polkies have a great time.. take lots of pics of the gear and attendees.. and the food too. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    have a great time. And its on my b-day no less.
  • janmike
    edited January 2008
    Should be a good one. See you folks there.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • michael_w
    edited January 2008
    Only a couple days away so I'll bump this.

No need to bring anything other than audio related stuff. Address has been emailed to those attending, and if I missed anyone please email me at polkfest@gmail.com

It's not at my actual house, but the rec center in the same co-op. It'll be the building directly in front of you when you start making your way through the co-op. It makes up that little curve in the co-op - the only place that doesn't look like a normal house.

Parking is out on the street somewhere but if you need to bring gear in you can park temporarily outside the rec center on either side of the black & red 1968 beetle.

They're forecasting snow / mixed rain for Saturday so keep that in mind if you're driving truck with an open bed and speakers or electronics in the back.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    micheal w, how many people are planning to attend? sorry i can't be there.. sounds like fun.. mini PolkFest Canadian style :) eat some bacon for me. get it? Canadian bacon :rolleyes: ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • michael_w
    edited January 2008
    I believe about 10 people? Small, but for a first gathering that's probably not too bad and considering we only have a few polkies in the area.

Maybe next time we'll get some spokane members ;) Preferably in a little warmer weather too. Mmmmm bacon / ham / one magical animal.
  • janmike
    edited January 2008
    Been in Vancouver for 2 days. I'm in short sleeves - cool but nice. Looking forward to meeting you folks. See you Saturday.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • janmike
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for the hospitality Michael. I was very impressed with the small speakers you built. Nice to meet the folks from the DYI Forum, but too bad more of the Polk member from the Vancouver area could not make it. Great job on organizing this event. Thanks again.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • michael_w
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for making the trip down. It was a pleasure having everyone there.

Those small speakers always seem to impress me too when they're set up right in a large room.