PSW202 Not Working

River
River Posts: 1
Ok, I'm getting a little frustrated and need some advice. I have a Denon 1803 with a full set a Klipsch speakers, but the subwoofer is the Polk PSW 202. All speakers are working except the subwoofer. I am using an optical cable (Acustic Research) to go from my DVD player to the receiver. I'm using a Monster THX cable from the subout port on the receiver to the Line In port of the subwoofer. I have set the subwoofer to "on" in the receiver setup. The crossover is set to 80 Hz. The subwoofer mode is set to +Main in the receiver setup. I have tried many different combinations , but to no avail. Any advice to get the sub working would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by River on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    buy new speakers ;)
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited February 2003
    You are a big help sid...you need to think before you post...and in the words of Russman, "post less, much less."

River, I am not familar with this sub. First thing I would do is make sure it is turned on, we have all made that mistake at one time or another.
    You might try a y-splitter into both the left and right inputs to the sub.
    Double check the owners manual to your Denon and make sure you have the receiver set properly.
    If all else fails try hooking it up via speaker level connections just to make sure the sub actually works. If it does't you may have a defective sub.
    Welcome to the fray...you can learn a lot here!!!
    Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Nat
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited February 2003
    My advice would be one of two things:
    • Check to ensure that the PSW-202 is getting power and a signal (LED should be green on the back . Only if it has an Auto-On feature.)
    • Double check your bass management on the Denon. If it's similar to the Yamaha line, you can send the bass signal to the mains, the subwoofer, or both. How you described your settings, it sounds like the bass signal is only being sent to the mains. I'd play around with what you called "subwoofer mode is set to +Main in the receiver setup"

Hope this helps.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....