Official Logistics Thread Polkfest 07 Brunswick Georgia

Options
reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited October 2007 in Gatherings & Special Events
OFFICIAL POLKFEST LOGISTICS THREAD PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD AS IT IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY

Well the time is counting down and I am of course exicited about the Fest. Here is some information you will need.

The PolkFest will begin at 3:00 p.m., on Friday, October 5, 2007 through Sunday morning, October 7, 2007. For those driving in I am a couple miles off of I-95 exit 36B.

All polkies are welcome, please let me know if you are coming, use the Club e-mail link to contact me for other info you need. This is a no limits audio event. I have been receiving great support from HQ, I spoke with Al and Paul earlier this week and they were looking forward to coming to Georgia and hanging with us.

Its Polkfest, its a Party!!!!!!! Its about You, Its about Club Polk, Polk Audio, Stellar gear, making new friends and seeing your Bro's. Family members are invited, keep in mind this is an Adult Function and Alcohol will be around the event.

We will be having a massive dinner on Saturday called a Low Country Boil, we will also have Anthony's famous sausage, Mrs RT1, bless her, will provide her RENOWNED Potato Salad that WILL make your tongue just slap your brains out!!!! Bring your appetite the bounty will be plentiful, I promise Southern Hospitality to my guests. I have invited one of my best friends, my Brother Timm (who just happens to be an awesome bartender) to help us Rock the Weekend away. My other Brother Starchaser, no slouch around a grill, will be on hand as well.

Bring your favorite music there will be at least five rigs set up for you to listen too. Of course featuring numerous Polk Speakers both vintage and present, to their new edge cutting designs. Gear??? Polk of course, others?? Balanced Audio Technology, Musical Fidelity, Manley, Rega, Acoustech, NAD, B&K, Jolida, Opera, Shunyata, PS Audio, MIT, Carver Ribbons, for a start.

Feel free to bring gear for sale or trade or Karma, if you have a special piece you would like to demo in a rig please let me know. Russman has promised some of his suprises as well. F1Nut is bringing his hotrod Jolida for you to get your ears on.

AIRPORTS

Flights into these airports are available:

Jacksonville, Florida, this will leave you about a 60 mile trip to the Fest. It is an easy straight shot North on I-95 to exit 36B, Brunswick, Ga.

Savannah, Georgia, this will leave you about a 65 mile trip to the Fest. It is an easy straight shot South on I-95 to exit 36B, Brunswick, Ga.

Brunswick, Georgia, GlynnCo Jetport, Jet Service available through Delta, connection is in Atlanta. Very close to the fest and hotels. This option will cost more though.

Rental cars are available at any of the airports, of course hooking up together is the best way to go whenever possible.

HOTELS

There are numerous hotels in Brunswick Ga. something for every budget very close to the FEST. Everything from the Super 8/Motel 6 economy to the extremely plush. I have been to many fests, keep in mind the hotel time is usually fairly limited, but if you are bringing family or so on here are some nice hotels close to me.

EXIT 38--Hotel Rates vary based upon accomondations selected at each.

Holiday Inn and Suites--912-635-3311

St. James Suites--912-280-0953

Microtel Inn and Suites--912-554-1430

Embassy Suites--912-264-6100

Fairfield Inn and Suites--912-264-2060

EXIT 36

Best Western--912-264-0144

Park Inn--912-264-4033

Comfort Inn--912-264-6540

Sleep Inn--912-261-0670

Super 8--912-264-8800

If I did not list your favorite chain do not worry they are here and close by.

LOCAL RENTAL CARS

Avis---912-267-0326

Hertz--912-265-3645

Budget--912-262-9262

Enterprise--912-262-1436

I will POST UP more information as issues arise and the time draws near.

Come and put a face to a screen name, something strange is guaranteed to happen at POLKFEST, but its always something to remember.

See you Soon.

Ted--Ole, RT1.
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    edited June 2007
    Options
    OFFICIAL POLKFEST 2007BRUNSWICK GEORGIA ATTENDANCE LIST

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WISH TO BE ADDED OR NEED A CHANGE. PLEASE RESPOND IN THE GEORGIA POLKFEST 2007 GENERAL STICKY THREAD. THANK YOU. RT1

FROM POLK AUDIO

AL BALLARD
    MONICA ROBLES
    MARK SUSSKIND

1. BAGGEDLANCER
    2. BILLBILLW
    3. DAGLJAM6
    4. DISNEYJOE7
    5. FIREMAN32
    6. F1NUT
    7. GEORGEDANIEL
    8. HEARINGIMPARED
    9. HOOSIER21
    10. JANMIKE
    11. LASAREATH
    12. OHSKIGOD
    13. POLK65
    14. SCHWARCW
    15. SID OUR KID
    16. SHACK
    17. STARCHASER
    18. TOUR2MA
    19. TREITZ3
    20. ZOMBIEBOY2000
    21. AND OF COURSE YOUR HOST RT1:D
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    Options
    I noticed Southwest Airlines is running specials right now into all their cities, you need to book by next week though. You do not want to wait until the last minute.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I just found out that the Carl,

I just found out that the Comfort Inn still has rooms available, get one while it is hot. Comfort Inn--912-264-6540.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2007
    Options
    edit.wrong post