FS: Tyler Linbrook Signature System

Options
Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited September 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
**SOLD**

I'll probably get flamed for this, but here's the link to the FS add in Audiogon. My last sale didn't get any takers here anyway, so at least doing it this way I save some time posting only one add.

10% off for Club Polk members.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1194492765

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Those are beauties !

Good luck with your sale...I`m sure they won`t last long
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Remember this about the Tylers???
    HTrookie wrote: »
    That's right; you can write it down; today, June 5 2007, I am saying that I will not upgrade speakers or components. I leave the door open though for maybe experimenting with cables/wires....and...maybe, a little something here or there for a second rig

I'm not going to make this long, just a couple of key thoughts:

1.-Everyone needs to hear a pair of Tyler full range speakers.
    2.-Good Solid State amps beat tube amps
    3.-No matter how small your room is, treatments can make it sound incredibly good and open.

Do I get a refund on all the paper wasted by taking notes about you being done and you keeping your current speaker of the month forever?? :D:):D

What direction you heading? (and good luck with your sale...)

Michael

Edit - nevermind - Just saw your thread about the thiels. Congrats on the new speaks. I hope to hear your current system (whatever that may be at the time) at least once before you thow up your hands and just hire a band to play in your basement when you want to listen to music.... :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options
    McLoki wrote: »
    Remember this about the Tylers???

"That's right; you can write it down; today, June 5 2007, I am saying that I will not upgrade speakers or components."

Michael,

Well, I am actually "downgrading" if cost is the measure here...so that statement stays valid :):)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    Options
    those look to be some fairly large speaks..!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited September 2007
    Options
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Michael,

Well, I am actually "downgrading" if cost is the measure here...so that statement stays valid :):)

Damn. That's almost a valid technicality. However, you actually upgraded by downsizing.:p
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Audioholics:

The first step is to admit that you have a problem....
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options
    What problem?

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Retail $9,000
    Factory direct (New speakers) $6,500 (You can call this the list price, since Tyler only sells direct as far as I know).

Tyler sells used speakers between $4,000 and $4,500 depending on finish.

I bought them used directly from Tyler.

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    Options
    And as always, Ricardo is asking for far, far less than the average seller.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Early B.
    edited September 2007
    Options
    This is a screamin' deal. Been watching 'em on the 'gon for a while, and $4K is a good price for these speakers, so less than $3K for Polkies is a giveaway.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2007
    Options
    If I were not in search of some horns I would be right on these.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Early B.
    edited September 2007
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    If I were not in search of some horns I would be right on these.
    madmax

Put your horns on hold, max, and jump all over these. I'd love to hear what you think about them on your system.

• SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2007
    Options
    What kind of electronics do you need to run these babies? What's the life expectancy like? Do they hold together?
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options
    They are pretty easy to drive; 4 ohms but relatively efficient at 92 db. Of course the 200WPC minimum applies if you want to make them sing their best.

They are very solidly built; If IRC cabinets are 1" thick. They are 130 lb each. Drivers are SEAS, which as far as I know have good reputation. Crossovers have no circuit boards, and top notch components. Finish is superb. Yes, they will last many many years.

SOPA
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Just thought I would chime in and say that if anyone here has ANY reservations about buying something from Ricardo, rest assured. He is a class act all the way.

Paul
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Hey Paul; thanks for the comment. I must say that when we did business I had no other option....I opened the door and there were two big 6' 10 guys standing there....I had to be complacent ;)

SOPA
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited September 2007
    Options
    What are you looking into as far as speakers that will replace the Tylers?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Sold.

SOPA