another nail in HD DVD's coffin?

2»

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited July 2007
    being a consumer, it is hard for me to understand why we have to choose. Have both and be done with it.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I hope HD DVD dies a horrible, bloody death and leaves hundreds of children without limbs.

...or at the very least, severe cases of conjunctivitis.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited September 2007
    scottvamp wrote: »
    Nope not at all. I choose Blu-Ray from the get go.
    #2 **** industry support........Hi Def **** at $40 a pop

they cost that much anyway at a **** shop. it's a bargain if you ask me!
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.

Away From Home:
    JVC HDR-50
    stock system in new car for now:(
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2007
    Didn't Paramount (or maybe it was Universal) and Spielberg just anounce recently they were going strictly HD?
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2007
    Universal has always been HD exclusive, and Paramount recently switched from neutral to HD exclusive, with the exception of Spielberg directed flicks.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    Acer just announced that its going full Blue Ray on all of its computers. Dell is 100% Blue. HP (#1) is still both formats.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Still at it, dickhead?
    Wow, its my Polk stalker. Man, you are really creepy. And kiss **** every where else. Maybe you are bipolor? You got issues. I don't even know you.:mad:
    Anyway, ya, i am at it again stating facts/opinions and hanging on the Polk forum every once and awhile.......:confused:
  • Systems
    edited September 2007
    Wow, its my Polk stalker. Man, you are really creepy. And kiss **** every where else. Maybe you are bipolor? You got issues. I don't even know you.:mad:
    Anyway, ya, i am at it again stating facts/opinions and hanging on the Polk forum every once and awhile.......:confused:

Dude, you ask for that kind of treatment... no doubt about it by the way you treat people. I've seen some of the most retarded flaming comments on this forums come from you. You get what you ask for. Post better and people won’t thread troll you. I give the guy more credit then I give you.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Still at it, dickhead?

wow, that had to be the most direct and to the point comment ive heard anyone say to anyone else on this forum.....i love it!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Dude, you ask for that kind of treatment... no doubt about it by the way you treat people. I've seen some of the most retarded flaming comments on this forums come from you. You get what you ask for. Post better and people won’t thread troll you. I give the guy more credit then I give you.
    I don't even know you. Are you the new dude that was saying The Fifth Element was an "older" movie and picture quality sucked?
    I have treated everyone with respect. Ya, i act out when i am personally attacked. I guess i will move on again. I have created my perfect HomeTheater setup years ago. And enjoyed this forum "years" ago. You "newbies" need to get a life and stop creating abusive forum relationships. It's just creepy.......:confused:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Z4IRNpLmWw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Z4IRNpLmWw&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    That was just wrong.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited September 2007
    Why can't we just have both? All this talk about which one is better is ridiculous. Both formats are going to be around for quite a while, years I would think. So just go out and buy both players. When a movie comes out, buy it on whichever format HD format it comes on - why can't it be that simple?

I own both formats, so I could care less which on wins. As long as all the movies I want come out on at least 1 HD format, I could care less.

From a fairly subjective point of view...I've observed now several discussion about HD vs BD here and elsewhere. Although it's not always the case, more of the 'fanboy' type of comments seem to come from those on the BD side of the fence. That's not to say that every supporter of BD (of which I am one) makes those kind of statements of that supporters of HD (of which I am one) never do, but my general observation is that more of those statements come from the BD side, and not by a small margin.
  • Systems
    edited September 2007
    I don't even know you. Are you the new dude that was saying The Fifth Element was an "older" movie and picture quality sucked?
    I have treated everyone with respect. Ya, i act out when i am personally attacked. I guess i will move on again. I have created my perfect HomeTheater setup years ago. And enjoyed this forum "years" ago. You "newbies" need to get a life and stop creating abusive forum relationships. It's just creepy.......:confused:

Lol.. good try sparky.

Silverti:

"What’s the news on it, is it *better* on BR? I’ve been tempted to see it buy I have the DVD and really don’t want to buy it unless it really is clearly better (which I doubt on those older movies)."

ScottVamp:

"Man, your always asking questions and not reading into anything. This is the 2nd installment on Blu-Ray. It's going to be reference quality. Just because some movies are older, does not mean they suffer in quality. Fifth Element has always been known in the HT industry to be top notch in video demo quality.
    Set back and get your learn on my friend."

Wow... Look how this contradicts your staments about "responding to attacks"... of course, you attack first. You then proceeded to thread troll me with the same attitude "I am the HT professor and learn all you lame HT retards".

Oh to boot... I bought Fifth element on BR and I was right. Its quality was no better then my DVD as I suspected it would be along with some other older movies like T2.

Now Scott, try to get along with people.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited September 2007
    S**t man. I thought about all the things wrong in this video.
    why would I never do such a thing? many popped into my mind.
    The list is topped by the fact that my father might see it.
    Damn.
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
  • cnjvh
    cnjvh Posts: 253
    edited September 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Why can't we just have both?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/bd_up5000/

1080p24 from both HD and Blu-Ray
    HDMI 1.3

blah blah etc. etc.
    No earth robot is going to tell ME which button to press!!

--Stuff--
    Front: Polk Audio RTi12
    Center: Polk Audio CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk Audio RTi8 (x4)
    Sub: SVS PB10-ISD (Dual)
    AVR: Denon AVR-3805
    Blu-Ray: Panasonic BD30
    Display: Sony KDL-55NX720B
    STB: Xfinity X1DVR
  • cnjvh
    edited September 2007
    Oh yeah, 7.1 analog out too for us non-HDMI guys...

--Stuff--
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2007
    cnjvh wrote: »
    Oh yeah, 7.1 analog out too for us non-HDMI guys...

if it were to impliment the menu features correctly, unlike the LG combo, then this will be a nice toy. and also, i'm a non-hdmi guy, so this would be sweet. but i have both players already and will never in my life be able to afford this piece. no mention of $$$msrp either.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2007
    i thought you were gone, scott? i see you lurking?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • cnjvh
    edited September 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    if it were to impliment the menu features correctly, unlike the LG combo, then this will be a nice toy. and also, i'm a non-hdmi guy, so this would be sweet. but i have both players already and will never in my life be able to afford this piece. no mention of $$$msrp either.

It's $999.00 at onecall. About the same as buying a capable flavor of each. But I'm with you - thats still a bit of $$. I'll be waiting a bit longer...

--Stuff--