MOMO Grills

Keske944
Keske944 Posts: 134
edited October 2003 in Custom Fabrication
Hey all just tossing around an idea here and wondering what you think. I have two MOMO MM10's and am thinking of having the grills painted in a House of Kolor Kameleon Gold to Silver. What do you think? I think that with the curves of the grill it would really show off the install and considering the fact that the sub is silver with a yellow MOMO logo I think it would really compliment the subs. What do you guys think? I could probbaly get it done for around $40.
Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
Post edited by Keske944 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    hey --- i f'in love paint dude... paint em.. if u hate em, u can always sand the hell out of em and repaint them silver...

fleckstone paint out of the can (like rustoleom i think makes the stuff) is pretty dang good lookin too if u wanna do it on the cheap. :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Keske944
    edited February 2003
    Thanks PBD. Te reason I am tkinking of the Kameleon is b/c I am planning on repainting my car this summer. I want to see what the Kameleon looks like first and thought the grills would make a good gunie pig.
    Patience... patience...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    i may be wrong but i think the same screws u pull the grill off with are the moutning screws for the sub itself (maybe the damn thing snaps down for all i know... i only saw a few of the 12's in the clear boxes... and i drink a lot lately --- i'm kidding.. i swear...) but if it is.. just be careful you dont pull to hard and break the seal of the woofer to the mounting surface or else you're gonna have to pull the whole thing out all the way, finger nail peel off the gasket and grab another 5 cent piece of foamy **** from polk or whoever if u want a good seal.
  • Keske944
    edited February 2003
    The mounting screws are attached to the bottom of the sub and the others come in a little baggie accached to the stryfoam packinging. As far as I know the grill just mounts oon with four screws and that is all that is holding it in place. So breaking the seal should not be a problem.
    Patience... patience...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    nifty -- ya i pissed off the newbie salesman kid at circuit city when i walk in there and go "imma try this sub out.... back in 45 minutes" -- grab the sub by the grille like its a tool box handle and drag it out the door... he looks around like they're being robbed or something and the guys in the install bay are just like "behave vinnie". i figured that thing was on there pretty good... tha box is like 30 somethin pounds.... those must be 4 tough **** screws, i was swingin that sucker around pretty good.

certainly better than those FUGLY kicker "teeth" grilles or whatever the hell they are -- -my god they're butt ugly. nodbody has good grilles these days EXCEPT polk and pioneer, but pioneer doesnt' make them for their subs so its worthless (only 6x9's and 6's).
  • radicalG20
    radicalG20 Posts: 2
    edited February 2003
    That's funny, My entire car is painted House of Kolor gold/silver in and out. Let me tell you, that color is more like green to gold, there is barely any silver in it. I was thinking about doing the grills on my mm12's and also my mm6's but I haven't yet. I say to go for it, I will probably look real good.
    Jacob Barnes
    chameleon G20
    polk/momo sponsored
    more fiberglass than you can shake a stick at
  • JustinGoodie
    JustinGoodie Posts: 18
    edited October 2003
    hey, i've got a pair of the MM12's (the one's that come with the half clear box) and i've had the grilles off before... the way they're held on is with the same screws that hold the sub in. fortunately, the grille sits on top of the sub which sits on the outside of the box. i would suggest that you lay the box on it's back(so the sub is pointing up in the air) and take all the screws out, set the grille over top, and put all the screws back in. no big deal.