kberg
kberg Posts: 974
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Hey All,

Anyone have this product or know anybody that does? Check it out at:

http://www.smarthome.com/82572.HTML

There is also an Aura product at:

http://www.smarthome.com/8249.html

Just wondering if either/both of these products would be a relatively inexpensive enhancement, or just a piece of JUNK!

Opinions/suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
Display: JVC HD-56G786
DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
Post edited by kberg on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    We talked about these a couple weeks ago. They are not that expensive for the units. The catch is that they require LOTS of amp power. By the time you buy the amps and wires and "vibration" units. You should just buy a subwoofer that will "vibrate" the entire room.;)
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I hear ya. Thanks!
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    We talked about these a couple weeks ago. They are not that expensive for the units. The catch is that they require LOTS of amp power. By the time you buy the amps and wires and "vibration" units. You should just buy a subwoofer that will "vibrate" the entire room.;)

:lol: Yeah Kevin!!!! Like like the Vamp man has - the bruiser 1200. Get your spend on and you won't need to stinkin' buttkickers!!!!
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited January 2003
    Options
    kberg,

I went to a home theater showroom while I was a Disney and they had the buttkickers. I looked for them because I was impressed. When I found out the cost of the unit and then an additional power amp I decided it was'nt worth it. If like someone else said,( you brought a good sub)it would do the same thing.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I went to epcot....and u'd swear the bass shakers were the subwoofer hooked up to those POS bose speakers. Thats where all the vibrations came from! lol! That subwoofer wasn't doing crap!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I bought some of the Aura bass shakers from Parts Express for a song, they are rated for ONLY 25wpc, I mounted 4 of them to my couch frame and use a NAD 3020 (25wpc) amp.

I am not saying they replace a subwoofer, but they are the coolest thing I have used in a while. I have a pair of LSi9's, they have very nice bass for the small speaker that they are, but not the deepest, and there is no vibrations shacking the walls.

the LSi9's plus the bass shakers is a very cool set-up, I can "feel" the bass, and it seems as if it comes from the speakers.

I have been to Epcot's "Ultimate Theater" what a joke.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."