• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2007
    That I'm not sure about.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited August 2007
    tryrrthg wrote: »
    but do you need to buy component cables to get the 480p? the Wii only comes with composite...

If you want 480p, you have to get the component cables or above(HDMI etc). It doesn't matter what system or dvd player you have.

So I guess they actually sell the component cables in stores now. For the Gamecube, the only way you could get them is through nintendo's website.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited August 2007
    I would suggest the wireless sensor bar as well, the wired one that came with it wasn't long enough for me to put the Wii where I wanted it, and IMO, the NYKO wireless one is a little more sensitive....It is also real easy to connect to the internet with it....The component cables are about $20-30, compared to $50-60 most paid for the PS2.....I am going to have pick up the rechargeable batteries soon...I also suggest the cheap little sleeves for the controllers, but only the actual Nintendo versions, the other ones feel cheap and get slippery after about 10 minutes...Thank god for that dummy strap, I would be on my 6-7th DLP because of those cheap slippery sleeves.:eek:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2007
    Still haven’t been able to find a Wii. I’m hearing from a lot of people that they think they made a mistake buying the Wii (they are selling). Most of these guys are in their late 20's and early 30's with no kids. But I know for sure that the Wii is going to be HOT for my kids and that’s what I want it for. Even though we have aPS3, they don’t really play it much (since I use it for HT). The Wii is just so much better for kids that are 5 and 7
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited August 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Still haven’t been able to find a Wii. I’m hearing from a lot of people that they think they made a mistake buying the Wii (they are selling). Most of these guys are in their late 20's and early 30's with no kids. But I know for sure that the Wii is going to be HOT for my kids and that’s what I want it for. Even though we have aPS3, they don’t really play it much (since I use it for HT). The Wii is just so much better for kids that are 5 and 7

It is kind of a steep learning curve at first, and some games require a lot of coordination. I am waiting for some of the big titles to come out before I decide on mine...To be honest, I actually like playing the Wii Sports every once in a while...Wii Play is actually kind of fun for the Duck-Hunt type games they have on there...
  • Kearin
    Kearin Posts: 11
    edited August 2007
    First system I have found that my parents love to play and they are 58+. At first there was a curve but once they got the hang of it they couldn't put it down. I think when they came over to see the grandkids the other night they were up later then the wife and I.

I wish there were more titles available for it but there looks to be quite a few coming out for it in the coming months. One of the these is the new metroid coming out this month. There isnt a lot of fanfare about it and got snuffed at the E3 for nintendo but it looks to be a solid title with hours of gameplay. Super Smash Bros Brawl will be the title that will be played for years to come. Of all the games I have I have to say Madden Football, Zelda and RE4 are my favorite ones.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2007
    80% of people are playing the Wii sports. I love it. No stand alone sports game has been as fluid as Wii Sports. I can't believe they have not released a second edition yet or in the works. But i just found a sleeper hit for Bowlers.
    Brunswick Pro Bowling Comes out next Tuesday for only $29.99
    If it makes as good or better control of the Wii remote than Wii Sports, this is a must buy for me.
    http://cravegames.com/games/Brunswick_Bowling/index.html
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited August 2007
    super swing golf s a fun game as well, a more refined version of Wii Golf......
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2007
    super swing golf s a fun game as well, a more refined version of Wii Golf......
    I totally hated it. It only registers you're "extreme" back swing, and them automatically pre-renders the rest of the front swing. Made no cents to me and was nothing like the full "real movement" swing in Wii Sports. Tiger Woods was alot better but still did not have that same level of control and feel.
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited August 2007
    Super Swing Golf --- I just picked it up and I love the controls. Tiger Woods was just confusing but this is incredibly awesome... I played a 9 hole game with my friend last night and it was great fun. I don't know what you mean by pre-rendered front swing. If you don't swing really hard you don't get full strength, and you can add slice/hook at will, or if you screw up your ball will fly off to the side (I'm not good at golf, so this happens to me fairly often).
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.