Now that GTA4 is delayed, what game are you looking forward to?

avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited August 2007 in Video Games
Here is the list that runs through November, I left some out like Viva Pinata:Party Animals...stuff like that. But needless to say that the game list is very impressive, I think it is safe to say that we would drool over this list for a whole year, yet we are getting all these games by Thanksgiving!

Also note that this is a 360 list, but I am assuming that the PS3 has the same releases too. (except for Halo of coarse)

Army of Two
Madden
Blue Dragon
Moto GP
Tiger Woods
Medal of Honor
Battlefield:Bad Company
2 Days to Vegas
NHL 2K8
HALO 3
PGR 4
SKATE
Blazing Angels 2
Half Life Box Set
Tony Hawk:Proving Ground
Sega Rally
NBA 2k8 (all 2k8 for me when possible...screw EA!)
Ace Combat 6
Need for Speed
Guitar Hero 3
Mercenaries 2
Virtua Fighter 5
Call of Duty 4
F.E.A.R.: Files
Assassin's Creed

My picks? Well first off I have Army of Two first on the list because that was the first game to come to mind when thinking about it. It's a 11/13 release, but this game looks so freaking sweet! And the two player strategy just looks fun as hell! http://www.gamespot.com/video/932860/6158722/army-of-two-official-trailer-1

If I had to stick it to 5 games it would be Aof2, Halo 3, Battlefield, PGR4, and Ace Combat 6.

BUT there are a lot of games that are really intriguing like 2 days to Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero 3, Need for Speed, Tiger, Virtual Fighter....frick the list just goes on. I have to admit, that all the games on the list are impressive enough that I would want to play all of them except maybe Moto GP, but only because Moto GP is so hard.
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited August 2007
    I own all systems so I have to keep this concise/SOMEWHAT affordable.

PS3:

Warhawk, LAIR, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Haze, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet Future, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, and Unreal Tournament 3 (keyboard and mouse support!!!!)

360:

BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect. Ace Combat 6.... (once I beat Ace Combat 5).

Wii:

Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros.

PC:

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2007
    I'll list what I can think of;

Halo 3, Unreal Tournament 3, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, CoD4, GH3 and Rock Band.

Probably Rock Band and UT3 the most of all.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited August 2007
    Rock Band and Guitar Hero III

love those games..even though my wife makes fun of me when I'm standing there with a toy guitar in my hand at 37 years old
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited August 2007
    Crysis!!!

I'll most likely add PS3 to my HT and get the newest Gran Turismo (with wheel & pedals) and NFL and NHL games.
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    Rock Band and Guitar Hero III

love those games..even though my wife makes fun of me when I'm standing there with a toy guitar in my hand at 37 years old

Does your wife play them? Every single wife of my friends' loves Guitar Hero. Not likes, LOVES. She should try it.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited August 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Does your wife play them? Every single wife of my friends' loves Guitar Hero. Not likes, LOVES. She should try it.

yeah..she has played it before..but she gets bored of videogames quick..but she liked it for awhile..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited August 2007
    Metroid prime 3: corruption

Metroid prime was easily my favorite game of last generation. Prime 2 was kind of a disappointment(but still a good game), but prime 3 is looking to be a gem. Its going to be very hard to resist looking for a wii once this game comes out later this month.

I know this isn't on your list(looks like no nintendo games are), but its one of the only games I'm looking forward to.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2007
    PC: Starcraft II, World in Conflict, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

360: Bioshock, Halo 3, Naruto: Rise of Ninja, Lost Odyssey

Multiple: Call of Duty 4, Mercenaries 2, Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch, Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway, Haze, Devil May Cry 4, Burnout Paradise, Silent Hill 5

PS3: Dark Sector, Infamous, Killzone 2, Little Big Plant, Metal Gear Solid 4, Turok

Wii: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    edited August 2007
    Games I'm looking forward to...

Halo 3

Halo 3

and...

Halo 3

:)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • WolfKiyoshi
    WolfKiyoshi Posts: 96
    edited August 2007
    personally i don't give a damn about halo 3 :) 2 bored the hell out of me.. i'm just waiting for Assassin's Creed and the Half Life boxed set . hopefully fable 2 comes out within the next 6 months too :) doubt that tho developers are always slow on the games people want most :P
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2007
    PS3: Madden (only 5 days away now...)

PC: Crysis (may cause a severe case of upgradeitis....)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited August 2007
    Checkers
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »

PC: Crysis (may cause a severe case of upgradeitis....)

May? Its a certainty. I'm already budgeting for the mother of all PC upgrades.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited August 2007
    May? Its a certainty. I'm already budgeting for the mother of all PC upgrades.

I'm hoping my E6400 & 8800GTS Extreme combo will hold up.
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    I'm hoping my E6400 & 8800GTS Extreme combo will hold up.

I would think so.

However, my current system, if it was even working, would be turning 4 years old next month. And it wasn't a very powerful system when it was new.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2007
    I would think so.

However, my current system, if it was even working, would be turning 4 years old next month. And it wasn't a very powerful system when it was new.

Heh, mine is 3+ years old and somehow still going strong. Strong being a relative term considering there hasn't been anything new released that I've wanted in years.....

I'm just looking forward to getting video cardS that will finally push my 24" monitor to its fullest :D

I'm actually trying to figure out if work will allot me a certain $ amount to use my current pc as my "work pc" so I can blow the proverbial wad on a mean machine if/when they let me relocate to NC...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2007
    That would be a nice perk
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    ^ d'bag reported.