Music CDs and DVDs for sale

Options
2»

Comments

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Dan: don't give the forum the wrong impression about my musical tastes...remember I'm a 50 something professional with a reptuation to protect! Glad your stuff got there reasonably soon...in one Piece (well a lot of pieces I guess). You gotta listen to amber asylum's songs of sex and death.....hide the sharps.

I think you are missing a rusted root CD...check the cardboard cd cases for them and see if one is missing...I found it in a jewel case...also make sure you got a Garmarna CD. They are a weird scandanavian folk/rock band. I kept one and intended to send one. If anything is missing let me know, and I will get it to you. Mike

Enigma's first cd is a classic....more sex and darkness...I see a theme
    The wrong impression? You have got to be joking. A reputation to protect? What are you running for office? Anyone that can draw the conclusion that you personally do any form of drugs because of your choice of music needs to examined by a mental health professional.

quote- (There is quite a bit of different types of music here, some is downright spooky:p :eek: :p) note that I said quite a bit of different types of music. Not that you were into strictly albums that were designed and created to be used with drugs in mind.

Also please note the use of emoticons. Usally when these are added it is meant to show that what was said was done in a joking manner.

Most of the classic albums that I listen to were done by bands in the 60s/70s that were heavily into drugs at the time that they were produced. Take the beatles for example, they are enjoyed by people of alll ages and backgrounds.

Doing drugs is not a prerequisite for enjoying there and other groups music.

My inference to doing drugs here in this quote was only meant in a joking manner.

(The enigma album is best listened to with some mind altering substances:D if it were only a DVD-A with a light show like pink floyds PULSE lmaooo)

Not that you personally are currently or have or ever will do drugs.

I apolgize if these comments were taken this way because they were not meant in this manner.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Dan: don't give the forum the wrong impression about my musical tastes...remember I'm a 50 something professional with a reptuation to protect! You gotta listen to amber asylum's songs of sex and death.....hide the sharps.

I think you mean that this enables you to afford the "good stuff!":eek: :eek: :D:p
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited July 2007
    Options
    you get your dvd's? I've already gone to play a couple just to remember they are gone, gone, gone....

I got the dvds before the cds arrived. I've seen 3 dvds so far.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited July 2007
    Options
    snow wrote: »
    The wrong impression? You have got to be joking. A reputation to protect? What are you running for office? Anyone that can draw the conclusion that you personally do any form of drugs because of your choice of music needs to examined by a mental health professional.

quote- (There is quite a bit of different types of music here, some is downright spooky:p :eek: :p) note that I said quite a bit of different types of music. Not that you were into strictly albums that were designed and created to be used with drugs in mind.

Also please note the use of emoticons. Usally when these are added it is meant to show that what was said was done in a joking manner.

Most of the classic albums that I listen to were done by bands in the 60s/70s that were heavily into drugs at the time that they were produced. Take the beatles for example, they are enjoyed by people of alll ages and backgrounds.

Doing drugs is not a prerequisite for enjoying there and other groups music.

My inference to doing drugs here in this quote was only meant in a joking manner.

(The enigma album is best listened to with some mind altering substances:D if it were only a DVD-A with a light show like pink floyds PULSE lmaooo)

Not that you personally are currently or have or ever will do drugs.

I apolgize if these comments were taken this way because they were not meant in this manner.

REGARDS SNOW

snow...hopefully, your response was tongue in cheek because mine was sure meant to be.....and it is not the drug connection that I was concerned about, it was the amount of cd's in the sex and death genre that you got! (where's that damn skull and crossbones emoticon). In case you did misunderstand, I was joking entirely....sorry...
  • NeilGabriel
    edited July 2007
    Options
    I think you mean that this enables you to afford the "good stuff!":eek: :eek: :D:p

the greatest fallacy on this forum is not that men with big amps have short richards, it is that professionals, including lawyers, are all rich.....or else I am the one exception to the rule....I taught law school for 6 years and many many grads barely found jobs and a lot of them now scrape by in the public sector or have to work on their own and maybe clear $40-50,000. Damn, I don't even have a savings account, 401k or retirement plan other than to work til I die and they bury me in my 10B cabs (after chopping me into smaller pieces).
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Options
    snow...hopefully, your response was tongue in cheek because mine was sure meant to be.....and it is not the drug connection that I was concerned about, it was the amount of cd's in the sex and death genre that you got! (where's that damn skull and crossbones emoticon). In case you did misunderstand, I was joking entirely....sorry...
    No worries M8 its all good:D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Dan: don't give the forum the wrong impression about my musical tastes...remember I'm a 50 something professional with a reptuation to protect! Glad your stuff got there reasonably soon...in one Piece (well a lot of pieces I guess). You gotta listen to amber asylum's songs of sex and death.....hide the sharps.

I think you are missing a rusted root CD...check the cardboard cd cases for them and see if one is missing...I found it in a jewel case...also make sure you got a Garmarna CD. They are a weird scandanavian folk/rock band. I kept one and intended to send one. If anything is missing let me know, and I will get it to you. Mike

Enigma's first cd is a classic....more sex and darkness...I see a theme
    I wouldndt worry too much about what the forum may or may not think about your musical tastes. Musical tastes are very subjective and yours are no better or worse than mine or anyone else.

And if anyone thinks less of someone else because of there taste in music they need to grow up.

The only way I get to find new groups that I like, is to listen to albums I have never heard of. Usally by someone mentioning them in a thread. once in a while by buying large groups of music like this batch.

There has been a couple that i found I like allready. Paula cole, the flaming lips. I had never heard either one of these groups before.

Also Peter gabriels work is something that I have never owned and am now wondering why because I really like it:)

As far as rusted root goes or Garmarna no worries I have plenty here to listen to.

REGARDS SNOW
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Options
    the greatest fallacy on this forum is not that men with big amps have short richards, it is that professionals, including lawyers, are all rich.....or else I am the one exception to the rule....I taught law school for 6 years and many many grads barely found jobs and a lot of them now scrape by in the public sector or have to work on their own and maybe clear $40-50,000. Damn, I don't even have a savings account, 401k or retirement plan other than to work til I die and they bury me in my 10B cabs (after chopping me into smaller pieces).

Well at least you knew people who knew where to get the good stuff!:D
  • NeilGabriel
    edited July 2007
    Options
    snow wrote: »
    I wouldndt worry too much about what the forum may or may not think about your musical tastes. Musical tastes are very subjective and yours are no better or worse than mine or anyone else.

And if anyone thinks less of someone else because of there taste in music they need to grow up.

The only way I get to find new groups that I like, is to listen to albums I have never heard of. Usally by someone mentioning them in a thread. once in a while by buying large groups of music like this batch.

There has been a couple that i found I like allready. Paula cole, the flaming lips. I had never heard either one of these groups before.

Also Peter gabriels work is something that I have never owned and am now wondering why because I really like it:)

As far as rusted root goes or Garmarna no worries I have plenty here to listen to.

REGARDS SNOW

I am a huge peter gabriel fun (duh!)....you got about a third of my gabriel cd's and if the wife finds out I am a dead man. You want to get Secret World Live, and the DVD concert is even better. Paula Cole was the female vocalist on that tour. I saw him in Mpls as part of a honeymoon on my 2nd marriage....his Up Tour in 2002...he had changed so much (aged)....and the damn PA system kept going down...very annoying. I think Flaming Lips got a grammy for Soft Bulletin. They have a DVD concert coming out next week. I like them, but I'm not as gaga as the music media. Certainly different. Let me know what else strikes your fancy and I would be happy to burn you a copy of anything else I have. Neil (a/k/a Mike)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Mike is that Neil Young/Peter Gabriel
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited July 2007
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    Mike is that Neil Young/Peter Gabriel

I'd say Neil Pert, but I'm not Canadian, eh?