Music CDs and DVDs for sale

Options
NeilGabriel
NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
edited July 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
THE MUSIC AND MOVIES HAVE SOLD: more will follow. I have cleaned out the racks of things I just don't much play anymore. I cannot possibly manage to sell these things one at a time, so before breaking them down into smaller groups, I am trying this. I will not break up the groups at this time.

The lists are attached. Feel free to PM with any questions. PM offers only. The Cds are used and a few I bought used. Some are mint and some have cracks in case or hinges. All played the last time I listened to them. Some Cds are Eps. I paid an average of $12 per CD, so I am offering about $2000 worth of Cds for $360.

The sale is for all of each list. I will not break them up at this time.

SOLD: CD List 1: $125 shipped firm (I counted 61 cd's)
SOLD: CD List 2: $235 shipped firm (I counted 110 cd's)

DVD List (14). I also am selling a group of rock concert DVDs. Retailed at about $200 and am selling for $60 shipped. GONE

It is my intent to offer a good deal to the forum members. I don't have time to customize groups of CDs for people and don't mean to offend anyone. I divided this group of titles up the best I could. One is more new age, classical, etc. and the other is rock oriented. But, you can pick up a pile of music for about $2 a CD. If this does not work, then I'll take them to Goodwill.

I'll take check or MO.

Mike
Post edited by NeilGabriel on

Comments

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'll take the DVD's. PM sent
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Wow. That second list is tempting. Trying to convince myself I need the money more than I need the CD's.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    There are two Deep Forest CD's on List 2. With the buyer's consent, I will subsitute those with Neil Young's Harvest and Outback Baka (world didg music). I'll toss the Deep Forest stuff in with List 1. Deep Forest, I am so embarrased.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    Options
    second dibs on the dvds
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Options
  • SniperREX
    SniperREX Posts: 930
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'd buy about 20-30 of your CDs.

TVs: Samsung S95B 65" QD-OLED (den) and LG C2 42" OLED (office)
    Receiver: Denon AVR-X3700H (den) and Denon AVR-X2300W (den)
    SACD and DVD-A player: Oppo BDP-83
    Mains: Polk RTi8 (den) and Dali Ikon 8 (office)
    Center: Polk CSi5 (den) and Polk CSi3 (office)
    Surrounds: Polk FXi5 (den) and Velodyne surrounds (office)
    Sub: SVS PB-2000 (den) and PCi 16-46 (office)
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Third dibs on the DVD's. (I hate not being able to check club polk at the new job....)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    The DVD's are sold to Warlocks1. I have a couple backups now.

The Cds are for the groups in total: List 1 and List 2. If they do not sell that way, then I will try smaller groups. If I offered 170 cd's for sale, I couldn't possibly keep track of who wanted it and get back to others with what was left. I am sure someone could have written me a program though!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Damm would have grabbed the DVD's. List 2 is tempting me.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,653
    edited June 2007
    Options
    CD List 1: $125 shipped firm (I counted 61 cd's)
    CD List 2: 235 shipped firm (I counted 110 cd's)

Dang that's allot of cd's

Good Luck
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I took this approach because some in clubhouse expressed an interest in buying the whole collection I was selling. That's a third of the collection. My thought was to let them go really cheap so people could take the bad with the good. If I only sold the really good titles, then I'd want market ($7-8) and would be left with 50-60 cd's I don't want. Think of it this way, if you buy either list, you can get a lot of CD's you want and learn about a lot of other music. I posted on clubhouse about the best way to do this. If this list thing doesn't work, I have a back up plan for tomorrow.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited June 2007
    Options
    There are two Deep Forest CD's on List 2. With the buyer's consent, I will subsitute those with Neil Young's Harvest and Outback Baka (world didg music). I'll toss the Deep Forest stuff in with List 1. Deep Forest, I am so embarrased.
    PM me with payment info on list #2 I will take them off your hands. And yes please subsitute neil young and outdoor baka for the deep forest cds :p

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'll take list #1. Yeah I like new age (flameproof suit being donned).
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Way To setup up snow, ESAVINON & Warlocks1. Good show.
    Congrats Mike
    engtaz

• NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    I'll take list #1. Yeah I like new age (flameproof suit being donned).

Please PM me and I will send contact info. I am also tossing in the two Deep Forest CD's that slipped into the other list...no charge.

All is sold. If anything changes, I will advise the Board. Thanks. That much closer to some Lsi9's.

Mike Shultz
  • snow
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the great deal on the cds mike. Payment was sent via pay pal this morning.

Some of these are extras for me, but I figure those I can give away because of the great deal.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • ESavinon
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Pm sent.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    snow wrote: »
    Thanks for the great deal on the cds mike. Payment was sent via pay pal this morning.

Some of these are extras for me, but I figure those I can give away because of the great deal.

REGARDS SNOW

Hope you enjoy.

Does anyone know about shipping to a P.O. Box. Wll UPS or FedEx do that? I just shipped a cassette player and an amp to Texas with FedEx, it was much cheaper than UPS. I think it helped that I used my business account and it went to a business. The buyer said the stuff arrived in perfect shape, unlike my last two UPS experiences.
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I dislike U(universal)P(parcel)S(smackers) very much. Nothing has made it to my house that the outside box was not damaged,crumpled, or/and looked well used by the time it got here. Good Luck and Congrats on the sale.

Patience is a virtue that's not had by many. LOL
    engtaz

• snow
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hope you enjoy.

Does anyone know about shipping to a P.O. Box. Wll UPS or FedEx do that? I just shipped a cassette player and an amp to Texas with FedEx, it was much cheaper than UPS. I think it helped that I used my business account and it went to a business. The buyer said the stuff arrived in perfect shape, unlike my last two UPS experiences.
    Hi mike. Neither ups or fed ex will ship to a po box. And yes fed ex is usally 20% or more cheaper than ups is and a far better carrier than ups is.

The cheapest way to get stuff to alaska is by the US postal service, because everything that comes here by fed ex or ups is by plane so they rape us or anyone that sends stuff to us up here lol.

(For example) a 25 lb box coming from kansas city, kansas to here would be 91.63 ups ground. versus US postal service priority mail 38.15

REGARDS SNOW
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Didn't you see the fine print about shipping to CONUS? Just kidding. I'm gonna try the media rate! It is amazing how much 110 cds can weigh. They are packed and should ship Monday with the other packages. I have 10 more DVDs that I need to move.
  • snow
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Didn't you see the fine print about shipping to CONUS? Just kidding. I'm gonna try the media rate! It is amazing how much 110 cds can weigh. They are packed and should ship Monday with the other packages. I have 10 more DVDs that I need to move.
    Yes im sure 110 cds will add up in weight. media mail or parcel post will be cheaper by far. What other dvds do you have available?

REGARDS SNOW
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I am posting new list now.
  • ESavinon
    edited June 2007
    Options
    dibs :D .

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Options
    The cds showed up today well packed. I am currently listening to them now, its going to take a few days to make it through all of them lol:p

THANKS SNOW
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Options
    The cds showed up today well packed. I am currently listening to them now, its going to take a few days to make it through all of them lol:p

THANKS SNOW

Still feeling a little green!!!:D
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Still feeling a little green!!!:D
    With envy? lol.

If so I am sure most of these will be up for sale in a week or two after I have had time to run through these. There is quite a bit of different types of music here, some is downright spooky:p :eek: :p

The enigma album is best listened to with some mind altering substances:D if it were only a DVD-A with a light show like pink floyds PULSE lmaooo.

REGARDS SNOW
  • ESavinon
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Just got mine last week. I've listened to 12 cds so far.
    Great music. This is an excellent collection of cds neil put together.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • NeilGabriel
    edited July 2007
    Options
    With envy? lol.

If so I am sure most of these will be up for sale in a week or two after I have had time to run through these. There is quite a bit of different types of music here, some is downright spooky:p :eek: :p

The enigma album is best listened to with some mind altering substances:D if it were only a DVD-A with a light show like pink floyds PULSE lmaooo.

REGARDS SNOW

Dan: don't give the forum the wrong impression about my musical tastes...remember I'm a 50 something professional with a reptuation to protect! Glad your stuff got there reasonably soon...in one Piece (well a lot of pieces I guess). You gotta listen to amber asylum's songs of sex and death.....hide the sharps.

I think you are missing a rusted root CD...check the cardboard cd cases for them and see if one is missing...I found it in a jewel case...also make sure you got a Garmarna CD. They are a weird scandanavian folk/rock band. I kept one and intended to send one. If anything is missing let me know, and I will get it to you. Mike

Enigma's first cd is a classic....more sex and darkness...I see a theme
  • NeilGabriel
    edited July 2007
    Options
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    Just got mine last week. I've listened to 12 cds so far.
    Great music. This is an excellent collection of cds neil put together.

you get your dvd's? I've already gone to play a couple just to remember they are gone, gone, gone....