Northwest Polkfest? anyone willing to host one?

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
I know this has been tossed around before..

but now we have more Polkies in the Northwest than ever before.. :D

anyone in WA, OR or ID interested in hosting a PolkFest this fall? say... Sept or Oct? I'm thinking if there is, this would in no way interfere with the "official" Polkfest taking place in GA in Oct. This would be much smaller and be a chance for West coast Polkies to meet and greet one another in person.

If you've never been to a Polkfest gathering, they are tons of fun.. it's like attending a family reunion. :)

I can't host it because my place is to small.. plus no one would want to come to Spokane. ;) I can't even get my parents to come visit me. :confused::p

I can help plan it if someone is willing to host it.

Think about it.

AL
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited July 2007
    It'd be a hoot! I'm interested! I'm interested!

But hey! Don't be dissin' my beloved Spokaloo! ;) Spokane's a great place - 100 lakes w/in a 75 mile radius, great skiing, terrific weather, good cost of living &, to my knowledge, at least 2 most excellent Polkies!

What more could a body ask for?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • danger boy
    edited July 2007
    no i'm not dissing spokane. what I should have said.. it's a longgggg drive from Seattle or Portland and beyond. :)
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited July 2007
    I think it's a great idea and I'm going to take this opportunity to mooch your thread to plug mine :D

Richmond Polkfest - January 26, 2008. Info here
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited July 2007
    Hijacker!

Get him, DB!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • danger boy
    edited July 2007
    Hey, HEY HEYYYY!

bump your own Polkfest ;):p

Well, with any luck maybe we'll have two of them with in the next 6 months. :D

and if not... i am still planning to attend the Vancouver Polkfest, Canadian style. :)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    DB, If I was in the Vancouver area I would zip down for that one. Great chance for others to see different parts of the world. Good luck.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited July 2007
    Canadian Style? I'm a bit worried now ;) Hopefully it'll be cold enough in January to discourage anyone to pull a pantless Doro imitation.

Actually, if there's one in washington I may be able to come (providing I have a car by then). It would give me a chance to steal ideas for the Richmond Polkfest.