Gears of War

2»

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    New update out. Brand new achievements. Basically they want more people playing Annex and the new maps.
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007
    My friend just bought a 360. I said to him, alright, now you need to go and buy Gears. He says, no way, thats like $50.

Owning a 360 is pointless without also owning Gears.

POINTLESS!!!!!!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited July 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    My friend just bought a 360. I said to him, alright, now you need to go and buy Gears. He says, no way, thats like $50.

Owning a 360 is pointless without also owning Gears.

POINTLESS!!!!!!

So I assume your friend isn't going to be buying many games then? haha
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited July 2007
    I don't know. I certainly could have lived without ever playing Gears on my 360... context, characters, plot, and atmosphere is the most important thing for me in any game, with gameplay and graphics coming next. Graphics can certainly improve gameplay and atmosphere, but the gears world is so uninteresting to me and the characters are so dumb I don't care if the Locusts win.
    Multiplayer is good, but I prefer >8 players, whether it be Rainbow Six or Battlefield or Unreal Tourney.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • Shizelbs
    edited July 2007
    Characters and plot are more important to you than gameplay? Whatever works for you.

Anyways, I think its one of the best games I've ever played.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2007
    GOW comes to PC in the fall. 5 new single missions and online play. Also get to fight that large beastly giant. The one you only get a glimpse of on the 360 version.