average sub amp repair cost question

Options
dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,055
edited June 2007 in Troubleshooting
:confused: Anyone here have experience with getting a subwoofer amp repaired by the Polk repair center? I have to take an RT3000 amp in for repair and was just curious on average how many nickels I need to save before taking it in. Let me just state up front that I realize the cost range could vary a lot based on cause of the problem. Thanks in advance.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
Post edited by dpowell on

Comments

• ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Shouldn't be much. Those amps are a simple design.

I am not sure about Polk (again, contact Ken Swauger for exact $), but it usually costs anywhere from 60 to 160 (based on quotes I previously got from other similar manufacturers). It's the labour, which counts towards $$$, parts are cheap :).
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. There's certainly no charge to determine what is wrong with any amplifier sent to us. However, the repair or replacement of an amplifier can vary widely. You may telephone the service department at 1-888-267-5495 and ask to speak with Gil Palmer. He's the service manager, in San Diego, and definitely works with the owner to resolve any service issue. He might be able to give you a feeling for what might be happening with your amplifiers, but he may need to actually see the unit to give the most accurate information. Be sure and mention that you are a Club Polk member.
    Regards, Ken