Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Again the Weenie comes up on this Forum ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Again the Weenie comes up on this Forum ;)

Now all you need are the assless chaps.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2007
    We have the **** Chaps, this year moving forward with them, will be the modeling of the inCredible Crotch Cruncher see-through Support System. I will accept volunteers, otherwise, we will just pants someone for the showing.

RT1
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited May 2007
    As of right now...

I most likely* will be bringing the Odyssey Mono Blocks with me... things pending of course.

:) Looking forward to it.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    As of right now...

I most likely* will be bringing the Odyssey Mono Blocks with me... things pending of course.

:) Looking forward to it.

Will they fit into the inCredible Crotch Cruncher see-through Support System?
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    So Ted... have you decided on the fireworks regulations? Are you going to grant Polkosaurus Rex his birthday wish?

SDAEXPRESS.jpg
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited May 2007
    That... would be sweet.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited May 2007
    Sid,

That is my brothers ode to the SDA, Starchaser on the Board, he will be attending.

FireWorks are in general legal in my county, however, due to the many wildfires presently burning in Ga/Fl, many counties are enacting bans presently, the Fire Dept, has no humour presently about such things and has banned outdoor burning presently, hopefully, things will turn around and the rains will fall.

So it is a qualified yes, at this point with further info to come, if we have them, being the Lawman I am, I will insist on some sort of organzied, safety first thing, I believe I might just task Fireman Dave with doing it. Of course we have big Lou standing by to kiss any boo boo's and make them better.

RT1
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited May 2007
    Ted, the attendees of the Chicago Area Polk Fest will back me up on this. We can provide you with some indoor excitement that won't break your outside burn rule.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Fireman32
    edited May 2007
    Sid,

That is my brothers ode to the SDA, Starchaser on the Board, he will be attending.

FireWorks are in general legal in my county, however, due to the many wildfires presently burning in Ga/Fl, many counties are enacting bans presently, the Fire Dept, has no humour presently about such things and has banned outdoor burning presently, hopefully, things will turn around and the rains will fall.

So it is a qualified yes, at this point with further info to come, if we have them, being the Lawman I am, I will insist on some sort of organzied, safety first thing, I believe I might just task Fireman Dave with doing it. Of course we have big Lou standing by to kiss any boo boo's and make them better.

RT1

Ted I will be more than happy to help out with the fireworks. As always have a hose ready. (ok mabye that did not sound right) :D I will make a good safety officer.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited May 2007
    With fireworks I learned the the hard way that if the clerk packs them in a paper bag you shouldnt light the paper bag on fire and run, the fireworks will go uncontrollably all over the place. :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Ted, the attendees of the Chicago Area Polk Fest will back me up on this. We can provide you with some indoor excitement that won't break your outside burn rule.:D

Live **** shows aren't permitted!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited May 2007
    Live **** shows aren't permitted!

Oh, no, I had a different form of flashing in mind...;)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • disneyjoe7
    edited May 2007
    **** shows WOW Ted is going all out BABY ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    edited May 2007
    You are the star their Steve, get your hula skirt restrung, you were dangling a bit much at the last Fest. Shake it baby.

Well, I certainly hope the curse takes a hike and nothing further breaks or sparks or blows up, I have already been touched once with four months to go, should be good to go by October though.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited June 2007
    OK, I have gone back through the thread and made a list of those who have given definete and hope so.

I am going to put it in the Logistic's thread so it is easy to find and edit and so on. Check it out, if I missed you just let me know, their were quite a few names so I could of easily missed one.

Man its going to be a bash, the rigs are coming together, we are coming together, Polkfest really has become something special, those before me set a high standard. In a rather serious RT1 moment, I really believe Polkfest plays a very large part in making our Forum feel like a home for so many. Very unlike other internet boards.

So, everyone come on down to Georgia (Jaw-ja), Brunswick is a place fairly unknown but really is the gateway to our Golden Isles. Last minute drop ins are welcome as we love suprises.

Please post your interest here, not in the Logistics Thread, check the Logistics Thread (its a sticky right above this one) for updates and too see what crazy members you will be meeting and making friends.

Bring your camera's, believe there will shots that need to be immortalized forever in the Showcase.

Its a PARTY, its POLKFEST!!!!!!!!!!

RT1
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2007
    WOOO HOOO Man I cant wait.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited June 2007
    Who in the hell is treitz23?

The #3 is for the driver in that Nascar thingy. :D:D:D;)

I'm there brother!!! Looking forward to it everyday. TTY soon.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    I'm either getting profoundly stupid or I need new contacts!!! Where the heck is this "list?"

Never mind, I'm profoundly stupid and blind!!!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited June 2007
    Okay Triez I got you man....

Joe, so your stupid, blind and cant hear, damm that makes about a perfect member bro.

Cop.....what happened at this Polkfest we are investigating bose abuse
    HI
    I am stupid I do not know
    Cop.....What did you see
    HI
    I am blind
    Cop.....What did you hear
    HI.......My name is Hearing Impared get it
    Cop.....Why are you here
    HI.......To see my buddies and listen to sweet audio sounds
    Cop.....Forget about it, you are blind and cant hear and stupid
    HI........I told you so, but I AM HAPPY AND I AM AT POLKFEST/BOSE BLOSE

hehehehehe
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Ted I will be more than happy to help out with the fireworks. As always have a hose ready. (ok mabye that did not sound right) :D I will make a good safety officer.

Yeah RIIIIIGHT. You've obviously never met the infamous lawn killer. Troy???

RT, I hope you have my name on that list...
  • reeltrouble1
    edited June 2007
    Your right at top the Antn'y.

Well we had a good soaking rain today, hopefully it will give our firefighters the upper hand with the wildfires and things can get back to normal.

RT1
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited June 2007
    Man If this was not so close "Time frame" to the Orlando World Street National "Thats if we get to go this year after back surgery" I would be there. I've always wanted to attend one. As it gets closer I may try and sneak me and the wife to this instead.. Now I just have to get ahold of the mother for those FREE SouthWest airline tickets.. LoL

Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    The time is actually starting to get close about 10 weeks to go.......

I was in touch with Al and Paul at HQ last week, they are in and are likely bringing some others who want to come and hang with us from HQ, hehehehe, they do not know what they are in for...........

Accordingly, its time to get the "goodie bags" ready, so I need you to send me a message to the Club E-mail link confirming, as we need to give HQ some kind of official Head Count.

Southwest Airlines is running specials right now for those needing to fly in, you need to book soon though, very soon, hopefully, this week.

You do not want to miss this PolkFest. Everything is coming together nicely.
    I am looking forward to meeting the Bar set at our prior National Fests.

As a side note, the rumour is true, a Canadian is making the journey, not sure if a dog-sled is in the itenerary. Anthony is laying in the sausage and peppers and the Georgia White Shrimp for the Low Country Boil are growing large in the Sound, my Shrimp Boat Captain Buddy has promised a bounty from his catch for us.

I am expecting you guys to float at least two kegs this year.

Remember everyone is welcome.

RT1
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    They sell Beam in kegs now?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Well its looking like Imight be driving instead of flying as I will be in NC now. I cant wait for this to happen
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    They sell Beam in kegs now?

:eek: I may need to make a trip to Camp Blanding in Florida for a mega liquor run...........:D

Beam & Water=Draino..........

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    edited July 2007
    Got to be BFE Florida.... I don't think Camp Blanding is around me. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited July 2007
    Great Hunting @ Camp Blanding but speed traps in little towns can hurt.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    Well no doubt it was a bummer to learn that Polk Paul is leaving for DT, but he knows what is best for him. I spoke with him this afternoon and he would love to come to the fest, but its not really possible, without getting into his business too much, Paul is not leaving Polk with a clean break in service, he will do both jobs for a while which means a minimum of 60 hour work weeks, so there is just no time to come this year, but he said he certainly would love to attend our future fests, make no bones about that.

So the good news is that of course Al Ballard will be here, strong strong rumour has Monica coming and another possibility is Al Barrone and other factory reps, they have said they think they can hang and take the licking we have been known to give our favorite companies products and plans. In any event we will be receiving our customary strong support for this Polk Audio Event.

RT1