AV Reciver volume

Options
joeygrand3
joeygrand3 Posts: 41
edited May 2007 in Troubleshooting
When I select the stereo mode for music listening after viewing a video 5.1 surround (DTS), the volume seems to be greatly reduced. I have re-checked all the manuals to assure proper set-up and am still having this problem. I am running a Yamaha receiver through Polk Monitor M30s,:confused: Polk CS1 for my center with a Velodyne sub-woofer. I would really appreciate any input, because of my frustration with this problem.
Post edited by joeygrand3 on

Comments

• VXR8
    VXR8 Posts: 291
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Hey Joey,

Which model Yamaha are you running? I have the RX-V2700, which has a "Volume Trim" setting on all inputs, so you can equalise the volume on all inputs. I too had a difference in volume levels, but this feature helped. Depending on your model, you may have that function too.
    Regards - Gaz from the land of Oz

Main System
    Denon - AVC-4700H
    Emotiva - XPA-9
    Cambridge Audio - Azur 851C - CXUHD
    Polk Audio - Legend L800 - Legend L400 - Legend L900 - LSiM fx - OWM3
    SVS - PB1000 x 2
    Foxtel - iQ4
    Belkin - Pure AV PF40
    Sony K77A9G

Front Room System
    PS Audio - Sprout 100
    Cambridge Audio - CXC S2 - CA752BD
    Sony - UBX800 4K BluRay
    Polk Audio - Legend L200
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Hi Joey. This is pretty much normal, the same thing happens when I go from 5 speakers down to 2. And I have all of my speakers calibrated. DTS is designed to play louder so your ears do get a bit of a shock when you first switch back to 2 speakers, but they quickly adjust.

joeygrand3 wrote: »
    When I select the stereo mode for music listening after viewing a video 5.1 surround (DTS), the volume seems to be greatly reduced. I have re-checked all the manuals to assure proper set-up and am still having this problem. I am running a Yamaha receiver through Polk Monitor M30s,:confused: Polk CS1 for my center with a Velodyne sub-woofer. I would really appreciate any input, because of my frustration with this problem.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2