Yamaha - HTR5560 or Denon - 2802?

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Yamaha - HTR5560 or the Denon - 2802?
I am looking for Preouts, LOW THD, 20-20 hz, lots of in/outputs - I could give dog wash about the wats, this will be used as a preamp! What do yall think, and plz stick to these two receivers, do not recomend such and such at a higher price...Thank you for all help! (recomend another model and brand if the price is same or lower than 500 dollars....eh)
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• VE6OHV
    VE6OHV Posts: 119
    edited January 2003
    Check the stats on the Denon before you decide. The 2802 is an older model than the 1803. You will find that it has a slightly higher power rating than the 1803, however the 1803 is more user friendly and has better DAC's. When I was looking for a reciver it came down to the 2802 or the 1803, the 1803 won out and I couldn't be happier (for the price).

I personaly liked the sound from the Denon better than the Yamaha, but it was a personal choice.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Does the 1803 have preouts?
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited January 2003
    I can answer that for you....the Denon 1803 does not have pre-outs. It does have multi room outs (to connect an outboard amp) but that is only for the main front L/R channels.
    I have been trying to make the same decision you are and have checked them all out in detail. Just can't decide which one to get. By the way, CrazyEddie.com has the Yamaha for $326....although they are not an authorized dealer so you're taking a chance on the warranty. One thing that the Denon has that the Yamaha does not is Phono inputs...if you wanted to get into the turntable game.
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    lol - I dont care about turntables. Thanx for the price, I am planning on buying the Receiver through the net, I found one on Yahoo from somewhere for like 300 or so....around there. Altho I have heard good things about crazyeddie's so I might check out buying from there, we'll see. Im looking for the lowest price or the best deal. LOL! But newayz, thanx! The denon....compared to the yamaha (the yamaha is 400 less - it kicks the denon's ****$!)
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC