RM2600 Center Channel Help

Options
groovehouse
groovehouse Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Troubleshooting
My brother gave me a RM6600 set......after setting it up, I noticed the RM2600 center channel sounded wrong.........I removed the grill and found the left mid driver was hanging sideways into the cabinet.......I'm trying to figure out how to get inside........is there a special tool to open this up?.......or is that some kind of rubber insert/bolt cover?........help please.......I would like to get inside and see whats happended.
Post edited by groovehouse on

Comments

• MikDrago
    MikDrago Posts: 18
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my center channel. It accidently got knocked over and one speaker is hanging loose. I emailed Polk and am waiting for a response as to how to disassemble the speaker to fix it if possible. I will get back to you if I find out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Hello,
    If you remove the grille cover and look at the holes in the speaker front baffle where the grille's pins fit into the enclosure you'll see small rubber cups. These are called "catch cups" and if you remove these from the front baffle you'll see screws underneath. Take out these screws and the front baffle will come away from the rest of the enclosure. This will let you see the inside of the speaker. Replacement parts can be ordered from us at 1-800-377-7655 and mention the Club Polk membership for the reduced price and free shipping (within continental United States).
    Regards, Ken