ok pioneer elite!! what about this model vsx-45tx

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited January 2003 in Electronics
here is what i'm looking at,
http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/index.cfm?Fuseaction=products&ProductID=783&MainCatID=1&SubCatID=7&p=bg
what do ya think??i know i read some old posts from mantis saying the 47 and 49 were the only good choices, they run close to 2k or above, this 45 retails for 1,400 and i can get it here for $889.00- my 5 % discount they owe me and free shipping.. would this be better than my integra with a external amp???
and where can i find a back panel picture of this receiver?/
this does have pre-amp outs right??
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2003
    The -45tx is a great unit. Try to find one to audition and I'm sure you'll be impressed.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    I just noticed my integra had thx surround ex and the 45 doesnt, the next step up would be the 47 and man thats 1700.00
    am i loseing anything without THX ex?? thats only if i use 7.1 right?? my room is to small and i will only ever use 6.1 for like dts es,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    so is this better than my Integra????? I have spent about 2 hours reading reviews and looking up prices and specs and stores that sell this beast!! I want more info... I want a better receiver so i don't have to get a external amp right away anyways. I sold my M504 tonight to a local guy for $475.00
    well i havent received any money yet.. but once i deliver it and get paid i might sell my integra and get this receiver... Like that old movies johnny 5 is alive!! LOL

I need input, mega levels of input guys
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2003
    Is the only reason that you're wanting to get rid of the Integra so that you can bump your power and still stick with a receiver?. It's not all that old of a unit, true? How have you liked the sound of it?

I was looking at buying the Integra DTR 6.3 or 7.3 in the pretty near future, but aside from a lil less power and a few lil features, probably not that big of a deal. Btw, is there that big of a deal between a 6.1 receiver and a 7.1 receiver if you're going to be running external amps anyway?

If you're going to sell it, lemme know. I'm only looking at the receiver to be used as a pre/pro, so I might be interested........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    Theres not that big of a difference between 6.1 and 7.1 receivers, My receiver is only about a year old and is still like new... works fine i just want more options, power, essentially the pioneer elite would be basically the same thing thats why i'm asking people here to see if its a viable upgrade from my intergra, i'f your looking at a 7.3 be ready to spend around 2k or alittle less at a hi-fi shop and about 1500 on e-bay for that receiver.. Mine retailed for $1300 new and i got it for 900.00 and these sell on e-bay regularly for around $600.00 - 650.00 so i don't know what i wanna do yet...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    bump
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    where can i find a back panel picture of this receiver???? inputs and outputs and stuff
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • brettw22
    edited January 2003
    Go to pioneerelectronics.com and click on the MANUAL AVAILABLE. If you scroll to page 35 and 35 to see the back panel layout. You'll probably sign up for the site in order to access the manuals, so just join really quick and you'll be able to see what you're lookin for...............I wasn't able to find a picture of the back panel, but the manual should give ya what you want.................
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    Cool, i signed up today on there.. but the pdf file for the manual wouldn't display.. I'm meeting the guy tomorrow to sell this amp i have, so i will have some money burning a hole.. don't know i'f i want to save for the 1075 rotel amp or get the pioneer elite now.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by faster100
    I just noticed my integra had thx surround ex and the 45 doesnt, the next step up would be the 47 and man thats 1700.00
    am i loseing anything without THX ex??

Here are the spec's from the Pioneer site for the -45TX
    Note that it does in fact carry the THX Select certification, if your HT is in a smaller room the Select certification will work just fine.

Versatility, power, and convenience: to align its output with your speakers, the VSX-45TX's Auto-MCCAC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration Circuit) automatically evaluates a room's environment and calibrates your system's output accordingly, for easy, accurate setup. It also features THX Select certification, 100 watts of power into each of 7 channels, and exceptional surround decoding, including DTS® Discrete 6.1 and NEO:6 Music and Movie, plus Dolby® Digital EX. High-end D-A/A-D conversion and a Hi-Bit Audio Scaler-which converts digital sources to 96kHz/24-bit resolution-deliver pure, full audio reproduction. The ruggedly built VSX-45TX includes an illuminated Smart LCD remote and the Elite two-year warranty. M.S.R.P. $1,400.

Power:

THX Select Certification /Air Studios Sound Tuning
    Advanced Direct Energy MOS FET
    Wide Band Frequency Response (5Hz -100kHz)
    100 watts x 2 Stereo
    100 Watts x 7 Multi-Channel
    Decoding:

Dual Motorola DSP Engine
    DTS-ES Discrete 6.1
    DTS NEO 6: Music & Movie
    DTS 96/24
    Dolby Digital-EX
    Dolby Pro Logic II Music & Movie
    Processing:

Hi-Bit Audio Scaler converts digital sources to 96kHz/24-Bit Resolution
    96kHz/24-Bit A/D Conversion (2 Ch.)
    192kHz/24-Bit DAC
    Auto MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration)
    Manual EQ Adjust (5-band x 7)
    THX Select Post Processing
    7-D Theater
    7 Channel Stereo
    6 Cinema Modes
    6 Concert Modes
    Digital Noise Reduction
    Midnight Mode
    Multi-Channel Multi-Band EQ
    Loudness
    Connectivity:

RS-232
    USB - Rear
    Multi-Channel Input- All
    Multi-Channel Outputs - All
    Digital Input - 5 (2 coaxial, 3 optical w/front)
    Digital Output - 2 optical
    6 Audio / 5 A/V Inputs (including Tuner)
    2 Audio / 2 A/V / 1 Video Output
    Phono Input
    S-Video - 5 In / 2 Out
    Component Video In/Out
    Front A/V Inputs
    Banana Speaker Terminals
    AC Outlet
    Convenience:

Function Rename
    30 Tuner Preset
    Command Macro
    MR/MS w/ Front Panel Control
    Surround Back to MR/MS Amplifier Re-Configuration
    12v Trigger
    Illuminated Smart LCD Remote
    DVD, DSS, DTV, Multi-CD Control
    Construction:

Extra Large Extruded Aluminum Heat Sinks
    CAD Design 3-D Space Frame Construction
    Frame Reinforced Isolated Chamber
    Double Layered Transformer Stabilizer
    Aluminum Front Panel
    Aluminum Volume & Multi-Jog Dial
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    so what do ya think Frank?? Look like a good unit?? what would you do be it you were in my shoes?? Get the new receiver or save for the rotel amp?? any suggestions.... I know i will altamitly make the decision but just wondering what yall would do
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    heres are the specs for my receiver, for who ever wants to compare the 2

DTR-7.1
    Clearly, this is no home theater centerpiece for the mild-mannered

Whether you are building your first home theater or upgrading your existing system, you need a good, solid foundation. You also need a receiver that's not going to be obsolete in six months. And, preferably, one that offers a mix of high-end construction, full-bandwidth power, versatile digital processing, comprehensive connectivity and an attractive price.

Well, you found it. In addition to built-in Dolby Digital, Pro Logic, DTS and DTS-ES Matrix decoding, this masterpiece of engineering decodes the latest surround-sound sensation - THX Surround EX-encoded DVD's - and provides 6.1 channels of independent amplification, so you can immediately enjoy the benefits of THX Surround EX (greater 3-D effects and sound location) without having to buy and hook-up an external amplifier.

Another very important advantage - THX-Select certification - which means when other A/V receivers start to feel the strain, the DTR-7.1 kicks into higher gear to match the pace of the action - because it's designed and officially certified to be driven hard.
    The DTR-7.1 also introduces a slew of other features never before available in this price range, most notably extensive systems-integration capabilities for custom installation setups. For example, it has a powered Zone 2 audio output, which means, unlike most multiroom-capable receivers, you don't need an external amplifier to enjoy a stereo audio source (radio, CD, MD, LP, or cassette) in the main room, while at the same time your partner listens to a different stereo source in another room.

Other custom installation features include line-level outputs for a second zone amplifier to power whole-house systems, an RS-232 terminal that allows you to use touchscreen controllers from other manufacturers, an infrared-sensor input on the back panel so you can control the DTR-7.1 from another room or if it's inside a cabinet (with optional accessories), and two assignable and configurable 12-volt triggers to activate your power amps, drop the screen, close the drapes, dim the lights - you name it.

DTR-7.1
    Clearly, this is no home theater centerpiece for the mild-mannered

Power Rating (8 ohms) 100W x 6

Power Rating (6 ohms) 130W/ch

Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT) 10Hz-100kHz

Audio Inputs 3

Assignable Digital Inputs 4

Multi-Channel Analog Inputs 7.1

DACs 96kHz/24-bit x 8

S-Video Input 5

Phono Input

Component Video Switching 2 Pro-Grade

Multi-Room/Multi-Source Powered & Line

Pre-outputs 7.1

AC-3 RF Input for LD -

Digital Outputs 1

Upgradeable Processor -

THX Certification Select

Surround-EX / DTS-ES

Dolby Digital Decoding

Dolby ProLogic II Decoding -

DTS Decoding

Cinema Re-Eq

Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry

Power-On Volume Memory

IntelliVolume

OSD

Learning Remote w/ Macros Back-Lit

Multi-Way Binding Posts

Remote Interactive (RI) Compatible

Assignable 12-Volt Triggers

Multi Room Remote Control Connection Mini & RS232

RS232 Port Control/Upgrade Control only

Detachable Power Cord
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2003
    I would hang on to the Integra and use it as a pre-amp until you could afford to go with all seperates. 100 wats into 8 ohms is nothing to sneeze at, but if you are after more power and are happy with the processing, just add a good quality multi-channel amp. If your after a 7.1 system look into Outlaw, & Anthem. Both offer great 7 channel amps for a relativley decent price. Same goes for their 5 channel amps.
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    Thanks Frank, I really am happy with the receiver i have.. far as 7.1, nah i don't need it as my current receiver supplies 6.1 channels of amps.. More power ah... i don't really think i need it but more like want it.. ya know more power and all that... what i really really want is the RTI150 speakers to be truthful. but now i sold the amp i have do you think they would be powered good with just the receiver?? I just want an improvment and one that i don't have to save for 1 year to get.. I will have $475.00 to spend or save or upgrade my rti70's at CC and would still beed a few hundred to get the 150's .. or save about 300 to get the rotel amp... I don't know i'm at a loss, but i think i will be keeping my receiver at this point
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2003
    Faster100,
    The question that you need to be asking yourself is this...
    How much of an upgrade is the RTi150 vs. RTi70 that you currently own. Sure it is a "Bigger" speaker but is it better than what you currently have. What are you trying to achieve with your planned upgrades? If the 150's sound a great deal better than the 70's then by all means get 'em. BUT, if the overall sound quality is the same, why bother? My point is that you need to make sure that the 150's are truly an upgrade, not just a side step to a physically larger speaker. I would imagine that the Rti70's would open up a bit with a little more power, so I would start there. You might find that having the 150's without an external amp sounds the same as your 70's did with the 504.

If you're going after better instead of just louder, Lsi's!!! I bet you knew that was comming! Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with your speaker choices. I just feel that you can do much better than the RTi series and still have Polk speakers! There are a lot of people that will testify to the improved sound of their HT's by moving from the RT line up to the LSi15, or even the 9's.

Audition, Audition, Audition, Think, Audition some more ....then buy something!
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    I agree with everything the old guy said, If you want volume - check out KLH's Rave series...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    Hey i must thank you again, Good advice.. I really like the setup i have and the next big upgrade might be LSI, all these speakers i have aren't more then months old, I traded in the 70's for another set when the free promo sub was out so they are only a month or so old... I really need to use these for awhile so i don't lose to much money for nothing reselling these i have... I want the 150's and at CC they sounds much better then the 70's side by side although i like the 70's alot also.... new receiver really is uneeded at this point. I was just getting excited about something new without really putting things into perspective like you have here... Now the bad thing is i am now thinking of the SVS subs :)
    I know i am dieing to spend this money and upgrade something, But just need to think it through..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • brettw22
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by faster100
    I don't know i'm at a loss, but i think i will be keeping my receiver at this point

Hey, if you do decide to upgrade your receiver, lemme know and we'll talk about your Integra.........ok?
  • faster100
    edited January 2003
    sounds good Brettw
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds