Need help on Car Stereo, about crossover, tweeters, and mini subs

Options
XxSpar7anxX
XxSpar7anxX Posts: 9
edited April 2007 in Troubleshooting
Ok i have a component system, polk audio db6500 and it came with 4 crossovers, 4 6 1/2 inch mini subs and 4 tweeters, i had this for 2 years now, and since my amp is f**ked up i cant use it like i have it now.. through the amp. My wing wasnt sealed right and water got into the amp.. so it messed it up.. so what im going to ask you is... can you somehow make it so the tweeters and mini subs will work without the amp? on the crossover there is input, sub, and tweeter spots, and input is connected directly to the amp now and im thinking that you would put the input somewhere on the connector in the back of the cd player.. but im not sure. ugg.

im just really confused right now.. i took the cd player out and theres wires everywhere, and i just need to make the tweeters and mini subs work without the amp beacause its messed up. can someone please help me? i know someone on this forum knows this stuff. thx
Post edited by XxSpar7anxX on

Comments

• TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited April 2007
    Options
    XSpar

Re-post this in the Car Section. Also, I noticed you posted the same thing here and in the Basic Hookup section. Most people will not look wisely on that sort of thing. Just post once in the appropriate section and wait a while.

Welcome to the Club Polk Forum. I notice you are new and may not be familiar with posting in forums. I don't mean to come across as rude or mean, just trying to give some friendly advice to a newcomer.
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's