building a box to invert my three 10" subs

86_CaMaRo
86_CaMaRo Posts: 8
edited April 2007 in Custom Fabrication
i plan on making a box for my new 3x10" subs but i want to invert them and fiberglass the box i need to place the box in the trunk of my 1986 camaro and dont know what space is needed to make the subs sound good PLZ help.
Post edited by 86_CaMaRo on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    Gonna have to let people know what kind of subs you have in order to get a response. If you just throw them in a box they will sound like mud, got to have the right size box for the subs, or it's just not gonna work for you.
  • 86_CaMaRo
    edited April 2007
    well i just ordered 3x10" Lanzar HRW104 800W 4-Ohm Subwoofers and a 2 Channel 800 Watts High Power MOSFET Amplifier
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited April 2007
    Hmmmmmm...not gonna touch that one.
  • 86_CaMaRo
    edited April 2007
    do i need more or less space in the box if i invert the subs or does it even matter.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2007
    anyone ready for a .66 ohm stereo burn out? lol I give it 10 minutes of play before it smokes.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • 86_CaMaRo
    edited April 2007
    r u saying that this is a bad idea
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    You'll need less space. I also hope your amp can handle a .5 ohm load bridged
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited April 2007
    Please stop cross-posting in other forums. We all read the same ones.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited April 2007
    Yeah but see, you're not answering his questions on a Polk Audio forum about his Lanzar gear fast enough. So he figures if he posts multiple times in multiple forums, someone might see his question sooner. Or maybe it's because he really didn't read the forum titles first, posted a question about subs in the Fabrication forum and figured he wasn't getting answers because it was in the wrong forum. So he scrambled to post a fabrication question in the sub forum. Then he figure what the hell, I'll post them in ALL the forums! That'll get someone's attention for sure!

Nevermind the fact that he has yet to give any real detail about what it is he is trying to do. That might have something to do with the lack of responses.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!