Seperates/Cables

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
Ight, I am getting the adcom amp soon, and I am wondering....does it matter what cable u use? could u use red/white/yellow on the inputs, and have no difference, or would it be a wise chioce to just use the red and white? if you understand my question, plz........write back! lol
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2003
    Mx,
    the yellow wires are made for video.The red and white are made for audio.
    when you get your amp,multichannel?????use red for right channels and white for left channels.Center channel I usually use a white rca.
    So right and left get a pair
    Surrounds get another pair
    Center all by itself.
    When you get it and if you still need help,post back.Glad to help yeah.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2003
    MX,

Standard RCA cables (regardless of brand) sold as pairs are the same in that as long as you match Left in to Left out and Right in to Right out, use whatever color tickles your fancy. If you have one with 3 (Red, white and yellow) and only need the audio cable, just peel one off. Simple.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Thanx for the replies, Yeah I got RCA Gold Cables for the 2 channel amp, it should be here in 2-3 weeks id guess, its shipping from Flordia...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Speaking of seperates, How do u run the seperate amp (mains), with the receiver amps (center, surrounds)? Or is this not possible?
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2003
    Sid,

If (big IF) you have preouts for your L/R channels on your receiver, run RCA cables from your receiver preouts to the inputs on your amp then then, obviously, the wires from the amp to the speaks. It's that easy.

My Denon has preouts for the L/R and Center so I run my mains with a Carver m400a and my center with an m0.5t.

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    No, I mean I know how to plug it up, I mean how do u use the 2 channel amp to drive ur mains while at the same time using the receiver amps to runt he surrounds and center? Is it not possible to run the amp and receiver at the same time? or does all the speakers have to be plugged into the receiver for it to work?
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Your rec needs to have pre-outs, for those two main channels.

Actually, if you decide to go with 'basic' rca cables, USUALLY the yellow cable (intended for video) offers better shielding. If you don't want to spend a bundle, I suggest using two 'yellow' (video) cables for your mains.

Man, seriously just get your $15-$30/pair (or less) Monster, AR, Audioquest, Signal Cable, Tributaries, IXOS, Dayton, etc on. Bottom of the line from the above listed will better the 'standard' inconns significantly. You don't have to spend a boatload to notice a difference.

Cheers,
    Rooster

Oh, and find some new wallpaper while you are out shopping. Someone needs a Crib-over. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Your rec needs to have pre-outs, for those two main channels.

Got that...
    Actually, if you decide to go with 'basic' rca cables,
    Im just going to use Ratshack's Bottum of the Line Gold Cables...
    Im going to use RED/WHITE on the mains, and surrounds, and Yellow on the Center - I am getting 3, 2 channel amps for my system...

I am going by a philosophy of pay more now, have less trouble in the future, u pay less - replace it 50000000000000 times, u pay the same as a high end one, so I see no difference....And as people have told me, buy what u want now and keep it, then prepare for ur bills!
    Oh, and find some new wallpaper while you are out shopping. Someone needs a Crib-over.

HAHAHA! I would remove the wallpaper, two things are stopping me tho.....Id have to take all my furniture out, or into the middle of the room - I would have to take everything down, and not to mention the cost to get it done, or the paint to do it yourself....but yeah, i would do it if i had the time, money, patience! LOL! but yes, i know ur kidding....hmmmmm....
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited January 2003
    I hear they sell stuff that let's you paint right onto the wallpaper. Masking the shelves with tape does wonders you know.......
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited January 2003
    OOOOOOOOOO.....really....im not worried - This isnt my room for the rest of my life...lol...if u know what i mean...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    OOOOOOOOOO.....really....im not worried - This isnt my room for the rest of my life...lol...if u know what i mean...

Yeah I can see the pick up line now....."Hey baby, want to see my basketball pole and goal?" :D
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....