The bi-wiring is complete...and an improvment to boot.

nellis8166
nellis8166 Posts: 292
Hello All,

I spent all day tweaking my setup and I just thought I would give a little feedback.
The biggest adjustment was that I bi-wired my LSI9s and LSIC. I have to say that the difference was appearant from note 1. I just kind of sat there with my jaw wide open for quite a while. It really opened up the speakers, very smooth and clean. The biggest improvement was in the mids and highs, all I can say is WOW. I was kind of skeptical from everything I read here, but it really improved my entire soundstage. I ended up going the el cheapo route and everything from home depot and radio shack. I ran 12AWG for the lows and 16AWG for the highs. It was time consuming, that 12AWG wire is not the easiest stuff to work with to say the least.
I also cut up a mousepad and angled my center. Helped quite a bit.
Thanks to everybody who offered advice and helped me out with my questions. This really is a great service.

Nat
RTi10
CSi5
RTi28
SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
-J. James
Post edited by nellis8166 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by nellis8166
    Hello All,

I spent all day tweaking my setup and I just thought I would give a little feedback.
    The biggest adjustment was that I bi-wired my LSI9s and LSIC. I have to say that the difference was appearant from note 1. I just kind of sat there with my jaw wide open for quite a while. It really opened up the speakers, very smooth and clean. The biggest improvement was in the mids and highs, all I can say is WOW. I was kind of skeptical from everything I read here, but it really improved my entire soundstage. I ended up going the el cheapo route and everything from home depot and radio shack. I ran 12AWG for the lows and 16AWG for the highs. It was time consuming, that 12AWG wire is not the easiest stuff to work with to say the least.
    I also cut up a mousepad and angled my center. Helped quite a bit.
    Thanks to everybody who offered advice and helped me out with my questions. This really is a great service.

Nat

If your talking about HD 12 guage - man that stuff is HEAVY DUTY STUFF! it has a thick jacket, and some heavy duty silver and copper....highly quality junk for low price
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • bertram
    bertram Posts: 53
    edited January 2003
    How did you figure out which of the LSi9 terminals corresponded to the low driver and which to the high?
    Multichannel Music:

Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD
    Denon 3803 AVR (pre/pro duty)
    Outlaw 755 amp
    Outlaw ICBM
    Polk LSi15/LSiC/LSi9 (front/center/surround)
    SVS PCU

HT:

Sony 9100ES DVD
    Outlaw 990 pre/pro
    Outlaw 7100 amp
    Panasonic TH-37PX50U plasma
    Polk RTi8/CSi5/RTi6/FXi5(front/center/surround/back)
    SVS PCU
  • nellis8166
    nellis8166 Posts: 292
    edited January 2003
    bertram,

sid helped me out with that questions, and just to be safe i read the manual that came with the speakers. says that the heavier guage wire goes on the bottom set of posts and vice versa.
    sid, you are right with the home depot wire being heavy duty stuff. it's a real pain to work with, my hands and wrists are sore today from working with the stuff. it sounds great so it was worth it in the end.
    nat
    RTi10
    CSi5
    RTi28
    SVS PB12-ISD2

Denon 2106(pre/pro)
    Adcom 5503(200x3)

Audioquest Diamondback ICS
    Kimber Kable 8tc biwire(mains and center)

"Don't let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall."
    -J. James