OK round??????whatever.

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,031
edited January 2003 in Forum Testing Area
up down up down up down........yeah.......

In the name of the cheap one............can greatness be had????
this is my own quote.
:o
Might be alittle out of the aproved list by a certain person but I think it's a nice pic.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    dang, is that the new 507? stop it Mantis, I promise to enjoy my Rotel for at least a year before considering other receivers...mmmm......but it does looks great....nah, my Rotel looks better
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    and....what is it? brand - specs - etc etc
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • polkatese
    edited December 2002
    AUDIO SPECS

Surround Sound Processing *
    DOLBY DPL/DPLII/EX

DTS-ES/Neo:6

THX Ultra2
    DOLBY DPL/DPLII/EX

DTS-ES/Neo:6

Power Rating 8 ohms
    7 x 150w

Power Rating 4 ohms
    7 x 185w

Damping Factor (50 Hz)

IM Distortion (SMPTE)
    .09%

THD
    .09%

Signal to Noise Ratio, A Weighted
    95dB

Audio Inputs (Stereo)

Digital Inputs: Coax/Optical
    6/5

Digital Outputs: Coax/Optical
    1/1 Zone A
    1/0 Zone B

Surround Outputs

Number of Zones A/V

Number of Amp Channels

Frequency Response
    5 Hz - 45 kHz

* Dolby Laboratories, Inc. – DPL: Dolby Pro Logic; DPLII: Dolby Pro Logic II; DD: Dolby Digital; EX: Dolby Surround EX Digital Theater Systems, Inc.

DTS: Digital Theater System; Neo:6: DTS Neo:6; ES: DTS-ES Extended Surround

Lucasfilm Ltd. - THX: Lucasfilm Home THX Ultra2 Processing

VIDEO SPECS

Buffered Input Impedance
    75 ohms

Buffered Output Impedance
    75 ohms

Composite Video Inputs/Outputs
    7/5

S-Video Inputs / Outputs
    7/5

S-Video Inputs / Frequency Response
    20Hz - 10MHz

Component Video Inputs / Outputs
    3/1

Component Video Inputs / Frequency Response
    Unlimited

Dimensions in Inches
    Width 17" (43.18cm)
    Height 7" (15.24cm)
    Depth 15.5" (39.37 cm)

Shipping Weight (lb)
    65 (29.5kg)

Designed and Manufactured in the USA
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited December 2002
    Yes it is the new avr507.........it got me thinking.You Rotel is much better looking.The silver rsx1065 is just a knockout.And for retail of 2 grand?????can't even touch it.

But this is another thing.4 grand and loaded up for everything.Sound quality will be challenged my the Rotel,yes indeed but not in features ,amps or connectability.Audio the Rotel has 8 but video only 5.Doesn't matter if your not heavy with video gear.
    I just like B&K alot.4 grand or not,it's one hell of a peice.
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited December 2002
    I demoed avr-307 over at tweeter when I was getting my REL, I have to say, it's great sounding gear, I don't mind owning one, now in the hindsight, had I gone with b&k, I could have completed my 7.1 HT and perhaps even getting a pair of LSi9 for the back channels by now.....no regrets though, I am still amazed on the Rotel, lsi15, and REL on how much they complement each other so well....I've been expanding my SACD collections since I got the philips gear closeout, on the single layer 2 channels sacd, the storm is so invisible (in term of how well it blends with the 15) that it's scary. One day I turn the rel off, and boy, it sounds like it misses the lower end quite a bit.
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    polkatese,
    you can enjoy 7.1 with the Rotel rsx1065..........you need to add a rb1050.It's perfect for surround back.you'll need to run the gain up just a bit when you recalibrate.
    Dude the avr307/507 sounds amazing with Lsi15's.I borrowed liv4fam's avr307 and I was blown away how well they sounded together.It gave my Rotel seperates one hell of a run.Going B&K...going Rotel for lsi's,I don't see a flaw.
    So if your ready for surroundback.......the Rotel rb1050 is waiting for you........could be calling to you.....it's only like 399.99 retail.
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    Dan,
    thanks, that is this year project, either rb-1050 and LSi9. I wonder though, whether there is enough contents for the surroundback at this point. I am more excited on the possibility of hearing simulated 7.1 stereo (I really like the 5.1 stereo on the Rotel)....And I really want to try LSi9.
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    dude,
    using lsi9's as surround back????man I would go lsi7's.Surround back isn't used that much.Lsi9's are not wall mountable,but I can see why you would want them.I considered them for my new theater,but then I would have to build shelves for them.It's a really back there thought for me,7's are my choice.
    Cool dude!!
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited January 2003
    I felt missing out on the LSi9 sonic superiority for not having one, my thinking was if 9 was an overkill for surround, then it will moved to the master bedroom to replace the RM3000 (main) for good. It is such a piece of art though, that I don't mind staring at it, just like the 15
  • mantis
    edited January 2003
    LOL,
    that was good.I feel slightly the same as you.I like to just look at them.
    I don't think it's overkill,just the ability not to hang onwall and the depth of the cabnet was my thinking.I would use em.What the hell.I still think I'm gonna use the 7's in my room.........then again the day isn't here yeat...
    Dan