Best way to package and ship SDA SRS 2.3's

Options
engtaz
engtaz Posts: 7,652
edited March 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I am tring to get some 2.3's packaged and shipped to me. Does anyone have does or/and don'ts.

Thanks for any help

engset
engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
Post edited by engtaz on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2007
    Options
    good luck, if they were mine,,I would do it myself,,or have a company experienced in such,pack,wrap and ship. Seriously--good luck. let us know how it turns out.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • engtaz
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the reply
    engtaz

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited March 2007
    Options
    A well padded, wood crate. Preferable shipped lying on their backs. I say lying on their backs because the heavy crossover coils can get knocked loose in shipping if the speakers take a jolt while they are standing upright.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • engtaz
    edited March 2007
    Options
    Thanks DarqueKnight. (lying on their backs because the heavy crossover coils can get knocked loose in shipping if the speakers take a jolt while they are standing upright) is great advice.

Thanks,
    engtaz
    engtaz

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    Options
    A well padded, wood crate. Preferable shipped lying on their backs. I say lying on their backs because the heavy crossover coils can get knocked loose in shipping if the speakers take a jolt while they are standing upright.

Yep I have had bad luck with broken drivers due to shipping. When I got them I have found magnets laying on the bottom of the speakers, and crossover parts too. Sometimes a driver will appear seized because the magnet shifted, and stopped cone travel.

Good luck Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben