Shanling Special

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited February 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale are the renowned Shanling T-100 CD player and a pair of modded Shanling SP-80 monoblocks. These are the most beautiful components on the planet. Extremely wife-friendly. I prefer to sell these components as a set for $2,195. All components are in very good condition with no major cosmetic issues. There a slight blemish on one of the monoblock’s transformer covers. Manuals are included.

The CD-T100 employs the latest in technology. Upsampling to 24 bit/96 kHz is performed using Crystal’s CS8420 sample rate converter. Four high-performance Burr-Brown PCM1704 chips do the D/A conversion while a second generation Pacific Microsonics PMD-200 decoder chip is used for HDCD decoding. The CD-T100 includes matched pairs of NOS Western Electric 2C51/396A audio tubes. The addition of the Western Electrics greatly improves the sound quality over the stock tubes. The tubes give the CD-T100 a detailed, lively, and musical presentation.

The SP-80 monoblocks are rated at 50 wpc and have been designed to specifically match the CD-T100, both in aesthetics and musicality. These monoblock amplifiers are absolutely stunning to look at and built to the highest of standards. In use they are very quiet, fuss free and fill the room with a majestic sound that you just do not normally expect from an amplifier of this level. The SP-80 monoblocks have been modified by having the preamp section removed to simplify signal processing and allow for a cleaner sound. The T-100 has also been modified to include dual opa6027 on a BrownDog adapter. The monoblocks come with JJ Tesla E34L tubes with very low hours.

Here are some reviews:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0902/shanling.htm
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/shanling/T100_2.html

T-100 Specifications
Output Impedance: not specified – estimated below 300 Ohm RCA for tube amp and headphone, below 150 Ohm CD Audio
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Distortion: <0.002% (1kHz)
Signal/Noise Ratio: 110dB (tube output 102db)
Dynamic Range: 115dB
Crosstalk: <100dB
Output Level: 0~2.2V adjustable (remote volume)
Tube Compliment: four 6N3P, standard Chinese (compatible with WE 396A & 2C51)
Digital System: four 24 Bit Burr Brown PCM1704 DAC, PDM-200 96kHz HDCD Digital Filter, Crystal CS8420 upsampler for 96kHz upsampling
Transport: Philips CDM-1201 with Philips CD7 II servo circuitry
MSRP: $1,995

SP-80 Specifications
Use EL34, 6N8 and 6N9 tubes.
Output Power: 50Wx2
Distortion: <1%
Frequency Response: 18Hz-30KHz ±0.5dB
Signal-to-Noise:95dB
Tube Types: EL34 6N8 6N9
MSRP: $2,500

Selling these for a friend. PayPal is preferred. We will ship within 24 hours of receipt of payment. We'll split shipping for Polk Forum members.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Just wow. Good price, very tempting.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Options
    stunning looking combo. if only.. if only i had some spare cash..

good luck with your sale. those are beauties.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Brad,, have you listened to the shanlings thru the taylos? The reason I ask is b/c Ty once told me that the taylos "shined" with tube amplification.Just wondering what your thoughts were. Sorry for the diversion.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Early B.
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Brad,, have you listened to the shanlings thru the taylos? The reason I ask is b/c Ty once told me that the taylos "shined" with tube amplification.Just wondering what your thoughts were. Sorry for the diversion.

Ha ha. My friend purchased your Taylos and mated them with this Shanling combo and a small sub. Stunning sound.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2007
    Options
    In the thumbnail I thought the chair backs were some new-fangled IC....

Nice looking set...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Early,, correct me if I'm wrong,, but all you would need to add is a pair of speaks,, and your done,,,right?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Early B.
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Early,, correct me if I'm wrong,, but all you would need to add is a pair of speaks,, and your done,,,right?

Correct.

The CDP has volume control via the remote.

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2007
    Options
    this would have to come up now...!

great price...

somebody needs to step up here..

I have dealt with Early before ...stellar guy !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Early,

Where are you and those fine pieces of audio alchemy located? Half of me wants to hear Africa; the other half, Boston.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Early B.
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Hotlanta.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Those sure are purdy!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10