2 subs

dholmes
dholmes Posts: 1,136
I have 2 of the small 202,s How can I hook them up with the speaker ins & outs? I want one sub for L ch & one sub for R ch Thanks
My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
Post edited by dholmes on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    I would guess do this
    Right Main - Plug the Speaker into the Subwoofer, and Plug the subwoofer into the right Main outputs on the receiver.
    Left Main - Do the same thing, except on left mains.
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • dholmes
    edited December 2002
    Thanks,mxstylepolkman. I was wondering if I need to conn. the L&R chann together, spk inputs with jumpers?
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    yeah, or you could run a subwoofer cable from the input on the sub, to the ouput on the receiver, then run another subwoofer cable from the output on the first sub to the input on the second subwoofer. I warn this way is harder to make it blend and sound right. The first way makes it where u dont even have to plug it in the wall, and it'll lighten the load up off each speaker. When you say right and left channel do u mean right main, left main, or right main - right surround - center, left main - lft surround - center? if so, I would suggest do this (plug up one subwoofer from the subwoofer output on the receiver), then put the other subwoofer in the back of the room, run speaker wires from the sub speaker inputs, to the surround speaker outputs, then run speaker wire from the sub output speaker terminals to the surround. Thus doing this will lighten your main subwoofer duties, and it'll lighten the load off your surrounds in making them a full range speaker
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • dholmes
    edited December 2002
    Thanks again, What I wanted to say was can I hook these two subs, one for L & one for R. Using the spk inputs,should I conn the L&R on each sub with jumpers on the spk inputs, connecting the L&R like you would with line inputs with a y adapter to make each sub mono. Thanks
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited December 2002
    just to throw another option out there........this is what i did....
    i have 2 subs a definitive powerfield 12 and a definitive pro100tl..

12 connected to sub pre-out on amp x-over about 65-70hz with x-over on sub..this way i get the .1 effect from movie soundtracks..
    10 connected to L/R main pre-outs and x-over about 120-125hz with sub x-over for the nice solid mid punch, then just connected speakers as normal to speaker outs..

this method has worked out very well in the over all sound of my set up..no bass holes nice clean drop from 200-20hz plus when i watch my jackie chan flix i can feel every punch and kick...
    connecting subs using rca pre-outs to sub, i have found give you a tighter bass response then using the hi level speaker inputs on sub.. it seems to eliminate the wawa sound..(best way i can describe it)
    akneewayz just thought i would share a little on this christmas morning..
    peace love and chicken grease, im out
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60