Things 'Audiophiles' wont admit!

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited December 2002 in Speakers
Facts:
JVC Receivers, Sound GOOD! NOT AWESOME! BUT GOOD!
KLH sounds good for the money!
O.K to GOOD speakers can be had for 50-150 dollars.
BOSE speakers can actually sound good.

Opinionated type Facts: (that audiophiles wont admit to)
When their system is beat by a system that cost twice as less!
That their new 'High End' speakers sound bad to them.
That their old system was better than their new one, and it cost twice as much as the old one.

lol, thats all I can think of - But I notice this alot on these forums.
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    Feels the flames rising...

MX feels Mantis is typing either a rant, and got his quote on. Either that, or He is typing one EL of a long lecture!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited December 2002
    Flames....you got it.
    Well good could be a strong word.tollerable at best.
    KLH sounds good for the money
    ummm where????
    O.K to GOOD speakers can be had for 50-150 dollars
    define good.Where?????????
    BOSE speakers can actually sound good.
    there not bad.They have a nice sound to them when properly placed and setup correctly.I don't bash Bose for any reason.
    When their system is beat by a system that cost twice as less!
    OK that was a mouthfull.Doesn't happen in the audiophile world my friend..or the really real world.

I'm not sure where your going with this post but I dissagree with just about all of it except the bose.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    Flames....you got it.
    quote:
    Not everything has to cost mega $$$$$ to be good. Infact, JVC receivers can do quite well, especially in the 2 channel line. My dad has a 25 year old JVC 2 channel receiver. 140 Clean wats, hasnt needed work in 25 years. Works perfect, No distortion. The new ones are good also.

quote:
    KLH sounds good for the money
    you may not think KLH's sound good, and for the cash they actually do in most respects. Not all of them, but some of them.

quote:
    O.K to GOOD speakers can be had for 50-150 dollars
    Good, Sound normal, kinda accurate, O.K midrange and Highs
    name a few?
    Polk RT15i, and so on. Pioneer makes OK speakers for their price. Optimus are O.K speakers. etc...there are alot more out there, just havnt heard them.

OK that was a mouthfull.Doesn't happen in the audiophile world my friend..or the really real world.
    Really, what do you think those LSI's can beat? Id put them up to stuff that cost twice as more. Half the time, they'd probally win.

This post means nothing, i was just thinking and thought of something stupid. Go figure...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MX feels Mantis is typing either a rant, and got his quote on. Either that, or He is typing one EL of a long lecture!

Im Physchic...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2002
    I don't think JVC gear is inherently bad, if you own it and like it, who is to disagree?

KLH, I dunno, depends. Not my taste but if you dig it, good on ya. Vintage KLH, different story. REALLY good stuff there.

Good, cheap speakers? Polk R-series, PSB Alpha's, Paradigm Atoms, KEF Crestas...all can be had NEW under a couple bills

Bose, it's not so much what they actually are as much as what they claim and what they charge. I believe in calling a spade a spade. I just don't find much honesty and integrity in Bose.

As far as the last, well, it's all subjective. There is a lot of fun when you bag one of the giant killers that perform as well if not better than gear costing much much more.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    The 6700 wails on the Bose Am15 for $600 more ;)

KLH - good for the money : Not good for my money buddy. The Polk R series is way better.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2002
    Let's not forget those "magic" bricks and those who place quarters and knickles on top of their speakers to "tune" the sound.

Maurice
  • abmarsh
    abmarsh Posts: 109
    edited December 2002
    The most flawed components in any high-end system are the ears listening to it.

Is "twice as less" equal to half as much?
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by abmarsh

The most flawed components in any high-end system are the ears listening to it.

and that is most definetly ME! :lol:

however my system is far from high end it sounds damn good to me.;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    Hey guys! My main system has a JVC receiver in it at dagnabit, I'll put this high current, dual zone, RF remote (with transmitter for other components), on-screen menufront USB port havin' **** up against any $350(new) 5.1 receiver anytime. If you live close, come by. If not I'll pay for one side of the shipping charges.

Then again I hate "audiophiles". Then again, when I think of an audiophile, I think of somebody that spends $2K on a phono-preanmp, but has 15 LPs. Or is looking for titanium spikes. I prefer the humble unthusiast that has a gazzilion LPs and CDs and listens to them with lampcord from his Fisher receiver to his EV-Patricians.

They won't say:
    How much does that cost?
    Everybody has one, it must be good. Unless only other audiophiles say it.
    But brand X has those features and specs at 1/2 the price.
    Etc., etc., ......
    Make it Funky! :)
  • erinrobb
    erinrobb Posts: 16
    edited December 2002
    Weeeeelll.... I had terrible luck with my JVC receiver. L/R and surrounds sounded fine, but when I added the center into the system I discovered that the 100Wx5 thing is a little bit...misleading.

Arguably the thing was cheap as dirt, so even with a distorted center channel it was a bargain. Except for I had to get another receiver. That part wasn't a bargain.

$0.02 from me.