Fs...

Options
13»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I realize I worded that poorly, and saw that's largely what my post conveyed. That's not what I meant. And I hope you can gather what I DID mean from my other posts. But I'm sure y'all can't.

I actually have work to do now, so I'm not wasting anymore time on this.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I wasn't trying to slam Grimster, I was trying to keep him from getting pounded by alot of members for putting out what seemed to be an "interest check" post.

Others have done this in the past and have gotten destroyed for it. Really, it's a no-no for the FS Forum.

I know Grimster is a standup guy and has been around here for a while.

If I ever did an interest check posting, I would expect no less than a major **** pounding from all members of the forum, with Brett leading the pack! ;) Who luvs ya baby!

Strongtired
    No excuses!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2007
    Options
    please.......none of y'all are my type...... :D lol
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    diregard, possibly tasteless and offensive :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Argh. But this ISN'T an interest check! That's what y'all can't seem to figure out! How in the name of kush can you have an interest check if you don't even name the item? You can't!! So it isn't an interest check!

It's just another random, pointless, entertaining thread.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I wasn't offended andy....i thought the original was just fine.......... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2007
    Options
    It sure was funny. I know you wouldn't be offended since you wrote the joke itself and I was just acknowledging it, but I could see someone else coming down on me for it.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2007
    Options
    My company Dibs R Us, owns the word Dibs, I have posted this here before.
    Note we have a right to make sure the word Dibs in any Dibbing does not infringe upon Dibs R Us, or our numerous products. We are the good guys at Dibs R Us.

Note this includes Psychic Dibs whether actually verbally or otherwise expressed. We do offer for a fee of 100.00 per annum a temporary liscense for you to use the word Dibs or do Dibbing, all the Dibbing must meet the guidelines established by the agreement or your Liscense will be revoked.

Those who have already infringed upon Dibs R Us should pay us for this, along with damages, however, since we are kind we may settle with you.

Remember Dibs R Us cares about you.

RT1
    The Head Dibber.

Please note for the record Dibs R Us, is for also for sale for 1 million dollars, or a pair of R15 speakers which dont need the box or need to be mint, may accept R10.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Note this includes Psychic Dibs whether actually verbally or otherwise expressed. We do offer for a fee of 100.00 per annum a temporary liscense for you to use the word Dibs or do Dibbing, all the Dibbing must meet the guidelines established by the agreement or your Liscense will be revoked.

My attorney has already sent a psychic restraining order against you since I can prove I am the originator of the phrase.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Options
    damn people... three pages of this still going on?

I have no problem with Grimster at all.

I have no problem with him placing this thread in the FS section.

I only have a problem as my earlier post stated in the whole.. "I have something you all will want" FS. But i'm not going to tell you what it is.. so beg me to revel it.. and I will at a later date thread.

HOnestly no harm was done. Grimster said he would sell it... if I don't have any interest in the item I can just shut the f*ck up and move on to better threads. Certainly more interesting ones.

As someone pointed out earlier though.. rules are rules.. if you break them.. If I break them.. i expect to be held accountable for it.

*did Trey (sid) ever revel what his karma was/is?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Yes, we received it in our Crystal Ball. Unfortunately, you did not capture the rights to the word, I did.:D

We are in negotiations to rename Soldier Field, Dibs R Us Stadium, we would like to send you a free high quality, I am Dibbing T-Shirt, in exchange, please provide your Social Security and personal information numbers.

Dibs R Us.

Where we care about you and your Dibs.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Options
    On a serious note. Third only to politics and cables...Flea Market fights have been some of the most contentious and "hall of shame" quality threads in the history of this fourm. IT is the reason that strict rules were set up. Since the inception of the rules by justin - the web dictator - problems and fights in the FM have been virtually nonexistant. While no intent to do anything but have a little fun was Grimster 's motive, you can see how even that has gotten out of hand. (yes I posted so I am part of the problem). This posted in the clubhouse would have been just fine. If we want the flea market to remain and work the way it was intended (free and open) I guess it is necessary for it to be orderly and boring. Just the nature of the beast I guess.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Not as long as I am around, pay up banker boy.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Damn, I'm running late, it's past 4:30, give me a couple more minutes and I'll announce what it is then we can close this long winded thread and show are love for one another again.:D For now on, I'm just going to post the item for sale, don't need to piss anyone else off on the forum.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2007
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    please.......none of y'all are my type...... :D lol

Now I'm offended....****! ;)
    No excuses!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Give it to Grimster.. he sure does know how to build up an audience.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited February 2007
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    There's nothing being sold in this thread...no one's getting the short end of the stick...and everyone (except two?) has enjoyed reading and posting in this thread.

What the heck is wrong with you people? :p

Viva la thread!

EXACTLY..........why is it in the FM if nothing is being sold??:confused: Nothing wrong with us, what's wrong with you ;)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Still NOTHING???! Can't wait!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Posted a new thread per many request.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Its in the FS
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Grimster74
    edited February 2007
    Options
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Grim, just looked at your theater. Looks fantastic. I have the exact same speaker set up, but mine don't sound as good as yours! I don't have the separates running them. How do they sound?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell