cd mat

Options
Midnite Mick
Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
edited January 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Okay, so Phil and the boys got me interested in the Marigo mat (there I gave credit to the originator:) ) Being Canadian and all, after exchange, taxes, and border crossing BS etc. it would be well over $300 for me. So I decided to give this one a shot.

https://secure.acciss.net/hifisupply/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=31&osCsid=15ff4496aa02b1972a07a510015be878

I will give my conclusion after all the indepth scientific analysis of the results:D

Mike
Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
Consonance cd120T
Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
Post edited by Midnite Mick on

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,005
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Okay, so Phil and the boys got me interested in the Marigo mat (there I gave credit to the originator:) ) Being Canadian and all, after exchange, taxes, and border crossing BS etc. it would be well over $300 for me. So I decided to give this one a shot.

https://secure.acciss.net/hifisupply/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=31&osCsid=15ff4496aa02b1972a07a510015be878

I will give my conclusion after all the indepth scientific analysis of the results:D

Mike

Looks interesting Mike. Let me know how you like it. I'll be interested in your findings. If you don't like it & you are still interested in the Marigo mat we could work something out. It would cost next to nothing for me to ship you one from here. Boy, aren't these tweaks fun!!! Yeah, how do you like Joe (hearingimpaired) trying to take the credit on this one. Boy, the nerve!!

Phil
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Looks interesting Mike. Let me know how you like it. I'll be interested in your findings. If you don't like it & you are still interested in the Marigo mat we could work something out. It would cost next to nothing for me to ship you one from here. Boy, aren't these tweaks fun!!! Yeah, how do you like Joe (hearingimpaired) trying to take the credit on this one. Boy, the nerve!!

Phil

Hey jagoff . . . I'm not taking credit for **** . . . I'm calling it as I see it. . .besides everyone knows you got the dough :eek: for all these tweaks and I love them.:D
  • Midnite Mick
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Yeah Phil I really don't understand how you can even be friends with that guy.:D
    You are just too nice I guess.

Thanks for the offer. It is much appreciated.

Mike
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

• jm1
    jm1 Posts: 618
    edited January 2007
    Options
    You should give this a try:

Finalize CDs

Maybe someone with deep pockets could get a Nespa unit and do a comparison for us.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2007
    Options
    These CD mats are rediculously priced. Just ask George Grand what he paid for his way back when!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hey Phil - send the mat to me;) .
  • pearsall001
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Libertyc wrote:
    Hey Phil - send the mat to me;) .

Sure Bill, as soon as your check for $200 clears. LOL!!!!;)
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pearsall001
    edited January 2007
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    These CD mats are rediculously priced. Just ask George Grand what he paid for his way back when!

How far back are we talking about? Today's better technology changes things real quick. If it's that old, that would be like comparing 8 tracks to today's CD's. Not a very fair comparison.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options
    jm1 wrote:
    Maybe someone with deep pockets could get a Nespa unit and do a comparison for us.

Phil, jm1 is talking to you!:D
  • Midnite Mick
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Okay, so I have spent a little time with the above cd mat and my thoughts are as follows:

I can't say I really notice anything. Whether it is due to equipment or my smallish room etc., there would be no way I could tell if it is on or off in any kind of blind study. Thems my scientific interpretation of the data:D ....or lack thereof.

That's all,
    Mike
    Consonance cd120T
    Usher CP 6311

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Okay, so I have spent a little time with the above cd mat and my thoughts are as follows:

I can't say I really notice anything. Whether it is due to equipment or my smallish room etc., there would be no way I could tell if it is on or off in any kind of blind study. Thems my scientific interpretation of the data:D ....or lack thereof.

That's all,
    Mike

Mick is this with the Marigo 3D signature mat?
  • Midnite Mick
    edited January 2007
    Options
    No Joe.

It was the statmat blue that I provided the link in my initial post. I can't really say it whether it works or not but I don't think I really notice a difference. Others may have different results.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Consonance cd120T
    Usher CP 6311

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options
    No Joe.

It was the statmat blue that I provided the link in my initial post. I can't really say it whether it works or not but I don't think I really notice a difference. Others may have different results.

Thanks,
    Mike

Whewww !!!! I thought you were talking about the Marigo Mike. I was going to tell you that you got a defective one. Even my wife hears a big difference with the Marigo. Every now and then I won't put it on when we are going to sit down listen to music together and when the music starts she always asks me if I didn't put the green thing on.
  • Midnite Mick
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Wow, that is impressive. I have no choice now but to acquire one. I think that I have some amps to save for first though......dammit!

I think it is great that your wife sits down and listens to music with you.....you are very lucky.

Mike
    Consonance cd120T
    Usher CP 6311

• pearsall001
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Wow, that is impressive. I have no choice now but to acquire one. I think that I have some amps to save for first though......dammit!

I think it is great that your wife sits down and listens to music with you.....you are very lucky.

Mike

That's because Joe's only got 2 chairs in the whole house. Phyllisann doesn't have much choice in where she sits. LOL!!!!! Yeah Mike the Marigo cd mat is the real deal. My wife noticed a difference right away also. Give one a try.

Phil
  • Midnite Mick
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I bet I know who gets the sweet spot.:) ie. center stage

Mike
    Consonance cd120T
    Usher CP 6311

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I bet I know who gets the sweet spot.:) ie. center stage

Mike

Believe it or not Mike when she is in the room I gladly let her sit there. Not just because I love her to death but it keeps her owwwing and ahhhhhing and that leads to the ultimate forgiving of spending thousands!!! heehee hee:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Options

Mike

I am Mike she not only sits and listens with me she helped me build the rig and gets with me when I'm tweaking and tinkering. She loves it!!! I am the luckiest guy in the world, a beautiful, loving woman, who loves music and is getting into this hobby!
  • Midnite Mick
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Believe it or not Mike when she is in the room I gladly let her sit there. Not just because I love her to death but it keeps her owwwing and ahhhhhing and that leads to the ultimate forgiving of spending thousands!!! heehee hee:D

I won my bet.:)
    Consonance cd120T
    Usher CP 6311

• xsb7244
    xsb7244 Posts: 24
    edited January 2007
    Options
    check out Herbie's Audio Lab CD Mats. It is suppose to be good.