Out of control~!!!!

inspire
inspire Posts: 21
I'm tired of managing xhit load of wires!!!!
Is it just me?
My Setup
panasonic 50" plasma
Monster Power 7000 SS
Silicon Image IscanUltra Pro
B&K reference 50 preamp
B&K reference 200.7 amp
Martin Logan Ascent i main
Martin Logan Theater i center
Martin Logan Decent Sub
Polk RT 800 for side surrounds
Polk FX300 for Rears
Post edited by inspire on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    no, you are not alone. i too am frustraded because no matter how i configure my HT system.. there are freakin wires and cables running everywhere. My problem is i bi-wired all my fronts.. did it myself. Instead of making a bi-wire cable.. i run two seperate runs of 14g speaker wire.

oh well, at least it all works, but the wires are a hassle. Why can't everything just be wireless for HT? may be some day we'lll all look back and laugh at how many cable, and wires we used to have running all over the place just to get good sound.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited December 2002
    It's even worse if you own a Bello rack.It took me 4 hours to wire my gear on it.Wire management takes alot of time if you want it done right.Seperating the power cords ,audio,video from each other.Then there's the speaker wire runs.

dangerboy.It would be in your intrest to someday replace your runs with premade bi wire cables or but 4 conductor wires and remake them your self.Makes for a much neater intstall
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2002
    Yep! Wire management sucks. That is why I have not done it in the new theater yet. It's gonna take several hours and right now I do not have the time, maybe after the holidays.....I also have my center and mains bi-amped with 12g for the low's and 14g for the highs, makes for lots of extra wires.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    I like putting Stickers on each of the Cords/Cables -- IE: RIght Main sticker on each end of the cord -- etc
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    You guys would shriek if you saw my cable disorganization. Fortunately I have most of my HT equipment in one of those Sauder bookshelf units. It has a solid back so I'm able to hide the tangle fairly easily.

Dangerboy: If you haven't already; one thing that is often suggested, is to use one cable for the + and one ofr the -. As opposed to one for the highs and one for the lows. I haven't tried it, but it makes sense to me.
    Make it Funky! :)