Looking for SRS2 crossover info

Options
jcaut
jcaut Posts: 1,849
edited December 2006 in Vintage Speakers
I'm thinking about some crossover upgrades for my SRS2's. They have the blade/blade cable and no bi-wire capability. Does anyone have a schematic or at least a list of the values of caps and resistors I'd need? I searched and found a thread detailing some crossover upgrades for SRS2's, but the were the later models with the four binding posts and I figure mine are different.

Thanks,
Jason
Post edited by jcaut on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited December 2006
    Options
    This is for one crossover.

(3) 2.7 ohm
    (1) 3.5 ohm
    (1) 750pF
    (1) 4.4uF
    (1) 12uF
    (2) 34uF
    (1) 55uF
    (1) 130uF

Edit to eliminate any confusion.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Here ya go! Courtesy of Darqueknight's SDA Compendium Vol. 2. I recommend that you PM him and buy one.
    Carl

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Thanks Jesse, Carl and Raife. I DO need to get a copy of that SDA compendium. I'll put that on my list.

Jason
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2006
    Options
    The resistor just after the polyswitch is 3.5 ohms.
    There capacitor above the 130 uf capacitor is 55 uF.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Buy The Book you will not be disappointed. Anyone who enjoys any SDA/SRS should have this book. Anyone thinking of purchasing any of the same should also purchase this book before investing in said speakers.

Enjoy Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben