Lets see how Ya'll crack dis question! LOL!

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
Ight, Let's see here! I wonder who can answer dis one! LOL! As I read before, you plug the Subwoofer directly into the receiver with speaker wire, (Surround Outputs - newayz), Then you put the speaker in the back of the room, Then run the left and right surround from the sub? Ight, If you understand that, great! If not, tell me and I will try to explain again! LOL! Now heres my other question: Does the subwoofer run off the receiver amps, and the speakers run off the subwoofer amp? Or does the subwoofer run off the its own amp, and transfer the power from the receiver to the speakers? If that makes sense, coool! if not -- again, I will try to explain! well thanks for all da help!
-MX-
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• Apex
    Apex Posts: 69
    edited December 2002
    The speakers are run off of the reciever.The sub is powered by it's own amp.

You wire the the surround wires directly to the sub,then from the sub to the surrounds.

Hope this helps

Justin
    H/K AVR7000

"LSI25's bi-wired with 2.4s

Mirage OM c2 Center "LSiC soon"

FX300i rears "LSi15's soon for the rears".

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    here is what i did. right or wrong. it was simple enough even for me to understand.

run fronts, surrounds and center from the receiver using 14 awg speaker wire. use a mono RCA to RCA cable to run the sub.. off the LFE out from the receiver. As mentioned above.. the sub has it's own amp built into it. nothing runs off the sub. simple, soounds good..

i'm sure there are other ways to hook things up.. buy why make it difficult on yourself?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    Well thats what I got now. Heres what I am reading tho -- For a Sub for the back surrounds, Plug the Sub into via the Surround Speaker Outputs (Speaker Wire) on the Receiver, Plug the Speakers into the outputs on the Subwoofer, and the Subwoofer picks up the lows from the back surrounds? I think I got it right, correct me if I am wrong...lol
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn,
    Young man you are grounded!! Your continued mis-use of "LoL" will cease this instant!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    LOL!!!!!!!!!! Welp, I use LOL to laugh or to end sentences, so when I say it....just ignore it! LOL!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    LOL! LOL! YOU LITTLE ****, WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU.....LOL MY EYE!!
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    LMAO!!!!!! LOL! THIS IS HALARIOUS! LOL!!!!!!! LMAO! ROFL! ...newayz! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! there we go.....lol
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited December 2002
    He's almost as bad as me and I emoticons. :)
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    Whats wrong with kids these days? I don't know which is worse ............. or LOL!
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    nah, im pretty interesting to talk to in instant messages. Because, I have a enter key to replace the ............, but I still say LOL all da time! Its like a habit! but ohhhhhhhh well! Im sorry if i'm annoying! Anywayz...i'm a one of a kind.....................not.......all...............kids.......are...........dis.........way.......! LOL! jk!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited December 2002
    Frank, give the kid a break, I think almost everyone in here know the LOL thing is his habbit, give him a few years, he will wake up on one if these days. I know the feelings but I finally got over it.
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    Peter,
    No break needed, it was all in fun.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    LMAO! u guys are insane! LOL! ill try to stop saying.....and...LOL! laugh out loud! ight...yeah it all in da fun! lol! opps...LOL!...opps! LMAO!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • PETERNG
    edited December 2002
    We all are... kid, especially we all addicted to music and audio gears, but even that, we don't lol anytime we say or comment something, you may be the exception. Cheers...
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited December 2002
    Screw LOL - "newayz" is far more irritating. I think I counted 30 in just one of his posts.

MxStYlEpOlKmAn: Constructive Criticism to follow.

Your posts without question contain more:

1) broken English
    2) Ebonic/ghetto/wigger slang
    3) misspellings
    4) disjointed sentences
    5) poor grammar

than any other posts I have ever come across in this or any other online forum.

For your sake, for our sake, and for the sake of whoever you end up working for in the future - PLEASE make an effort to use the English language properly in your posts and deep six your current style - it is hard to read, immensely irritating, and it makes it very difficult to take you seriously.

If my kids wrote like you, I'd kill them first, and then myself out of shame. Shape up, young man - your future depends on your ability to communicate well both verbally and with the written word.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2002
    Hey MxStYlEpOlKmAn.... are you posting from school or are you off???

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    hahahaha, I guess im a cheerful kid?????? I dunno, Well im jus a kid and im already addicted to audio! Although, i think I am going to Sale my back surrounds, and center - Upgrade the Mains to RT55i's if I can find them (if my current center matches well and can keep up ill keep it, if not...its gone! LOL!) then im going to move the rt35is to the back! Then I am going to buy that 5 channel amp from outlaw audio and upgrade all my wire to 12 guage, get gold plated pin connects, and ill be done for a long long time!!! LOL! and if my dad is interested I will sale him the yammer and get a pre/pro in its place....but this is all a dream, and not 100% sure it will happen! LOL!
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • PETERNG
    edited December 2002
    Well...I guess you can't teach the old horse any trick; they can only follow the same path to get home.

Kid, you need to litsen to what the Doc said, at least he point you to the right direction, notthing personal kid...
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2002
    Back to the original, interesting, question...

you're already using your LFE output for a front sub... you want to add a rear sub... you've got your rear surround outputs (speaker level).. so.. you run those to the rear sub and then run wire to the surrounds... isn't that pretty much the original question? In that case... wouldn't you use the sub's onboard crossover and speaker level inputs, the sub uses its own amp, and passes the receiver's rear surround speaker level signals on to the surrounds..??

Could you also split the LFE signal at the receiver and run the line level to both subs??
  • PETERNG
    edited December 2002
    Originally posted by burdette
    Back to the original, interesting, question...

you're already using your LFE output for a front sub... you want to add a rear sub... you've got your rear surround outputs (speaker level).. so.. you run those to the rear sub and then run wire to the surrounds... isn't that pretty much the original question? In that case... wouldn't you use the sub's onboard crossover and speaker level inputs, the sub uses its own amp, and passes the receiver's rear surround speaker level signals on to the surrounds..??

Could you also split the LFE signal at the receiver and run the line level to both subs??

THE IDEA OF DOING THIS IS TO TREAT THE REAR SURROUND SPEAKERS AS LARGE FULL RANGE SPEAKERS FOR dvd-a AND sacd APPLICATIONS AND I THINK IT WORKS BEST IN A VERY LARGE ROOM SIZE.

YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO, BUT IF YOU WANT TO USE TWO SUBS, MOST SUBS ALSO HAVE THE LINE OUT, YOU CAN CONNECT THE SECOND ONE VIA THESE OUTPUTS (CONNECT THE FIRST ON TO THE LINE INPUTS).
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited December 2002
    IT SNOWING!!!!!! SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!! LET IT SNOW! IT SNOWING IN NC!!!!! LET IT SNOW ALL DAY LONG FOR GOD SAKES!

Also, I write alot better. (In Pencil) I use correct grammer and spelling. Online, I'm really lazy and using slang wiger words. So I am sorry! I'm not use to talking to people alot older than me, and by the way. If I was at school posting, the teacher would like kill me! LOL! I hope we are out of school tommorow also! That would be so cool! Also, I'm sorry if I irritate you! LOL! - And Anywayz (newayz) is also a bad habit I have came across the past month or so...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC