No sound....

Options
Apex
Apex Posts: 69
When i was trying to get my AVR7000 into DTS finally.Havent had much time to mess with it.

When i hooked the DVD player to the reciever by coaxial,what output do i use to go to the monitor?.Cuz i tested all of the outputs by touching the R.C.A's on them and i would get no buzzing sound at all..I was getting no sound.I know i'm doing something wrong.

Or if you can just tell me how you have yours hooked up and i can go from there.

Also i was wondering which polk center channel i should consider with this setup?.I'm currently buying a PSW650.
Right now i have a AVR7000 L/R are RT1000i's and rear channel is Fx300i...i think thats right model # for the rears :) .

Thank you for your time

Justin
H/K AVR7000

"LSI25's bi-wired with 2.4s

Mirage OM c2 Center "LSiC soon"

FX300i rears "LSi15's soon for the rears".

Post edited by Apex on

Comments

• liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Justin,

You should use the Polk CS400I center channel.

For your DVD player...........Hook it up to the receiver using a Digital Coax cable or optical cable whichever you prefer and make sure that you assign the digital input in your receivers menu.
    Additionally go into the DVD players menu and turn on the DD and DTS output so the player will pass the signal.

And for video use the component output (y,pr,pb) if your tv has the input. And if not use S-video out to the receiver and then hook-up the receivers moniter out S-video to your television.
    If you can't any of that use composite through the receiver as a last resort.

Hope this helps.
  • NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by liv4fam
    Justin,

make sure that you assign the digital input in your receivers menu.

do this and you will get sound...

look like you're in good hand:)
  • Apex
    Apex Posts: 69
    edited December 2002
    Options
    what is?.(y,pr,pb)
    H/K AVR7000

"LSI25's bi-wired with 2.4s

Mirage OM c2 Center "LSiC soon"

FX300i rears "LSi15's soon for the rears".

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Y=green and sync,pr=red,pb=blue.These are the colors of a component cable.DVD player well almost all of them have this output.It is for video.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.