mono amps to SDA 1

ONEFLESH
ONEFLESH Posts: 5
I have an old set of SDA 1 speakers with the inter-connect cable.
Can I hook up a pair of amps to these speakers. I have two
Adcom GFA 555 amps. They can be used in stereo or mono. How can I use both amps if possible ???
Post edited by ONEFLESH on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited November 2002
    Maybe. If they are 1C's you should be able to do so, but only with a AI-1 interface cable. The catch with the 1C's is that some of the early ones will need to be modified. The best thing to do is contact Polk to find out for sure. *WARNING* Do not hook up these speakers to the mono's without talking to Polk first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ONEFLESH
    edited November 2002
    Thanks F1nut, I believe these speakers are the SDA 1's. They have two tweeters mounted horizontal. Who should I contact at Polk??
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited November 2002
    ONEFLESH,

You changed your original question!

Call Ken Swauger, he'll have all the answers.

Cheers,
    F1nut
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ONEFLESH
    edited November 2002
    Ya sorry, I wasn't sure how clear I was.....I will contact Ken. I'm confused about the whole amp thing. Thanks for your help.